free hit
counters
Headlights on later cars - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Headlights on later cars

Do the later cars have better headlights fitted?

Many Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris

I put all new lights on my car a year or so ago and think they were the same as the old ones - cost about £250 for all four. I did however fit high intensity bulbs - will need to look at my records for the exact type but they work really well, much better than the old ones. You need to watch exactly what you do when upgrading the bulbs as in some instances new wiring will be required.

Many Thanks Mike,

Hope you are well

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

All Esprits from 88-04 had exactly the same headlight and part number. I have 100W bulbs in mine which are white but not boy racer white/blue type. They've lasted me for past 7 years in my current V8 and previous S4s.

David

• 6 months later...

on the subject of headlights,Are they cibie lamps and can i buy Backing cups,adjusters [nylon] and 3xBolts to hold them any help as to the cheapest way to repair or fit as ive 4 x 100 watt bulbs ,i hope you can help thanks guys Randal

I must not know what good lights look like. :shock:

I drove around for ages on the standard setup and have only recently put in the relay to run all four lights on hi-beam. I always thought they were fine.

Maybe Aussies have better night vision. :P

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.