free hit
counters
My S1 111s on Lotusforsale.com - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My S1 111s on Lotusforsale.com

Paul C

Tentative ad really as i'm in no rush to sell really, it is genuinely the best and most fun car i have owned (including my Esprits). If i still have this car at christmas i'll not be sorry.

:)

http://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/1999-t-reg-elise-111s-low-miles-hard-and-soft-tops-great-condition/

As i hinted on the 911 thread i might leave the marque for a bit, i don't feel there is anywhere to go Lotuswise for me that will feel new as i don't want to own an Esprit again, have no interest in the Europa and would not want an Evora at any price.

Have been looking at S2 Exiges as they are the last car Lotus have made that i'd actually want to own, but i'm not really wanting another elise derived car otherwise i'd keep this one as it has all i want without being techology, complex or trim heavy like the later ones. I just don't think an Exige will be change enough and on that budget (£17k+) there is other stuff i'd enjoy more. I'm not ruling an S2 exige out, it's just not ringing as the change i'm looking for. Maybe if i'm without a Lotus for a few months i'll feel different and get one again?

I can only have one car, i've had 13 years of lotus and love them to bits, but i would like to experience owning other cars or at least consider doing so.

Had 3 Emails on the car from France and the ad is not even four hours old, whats that all about??? They nearly all want photos of the underneath???

Anyhow thought i'd give you guys a heads up as the last two Lotus cars i sold went to forum members and the 111s is rare to find now in this state.

:D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our free classifieds not good enough? :huh:

The frenchies want to see the underneath to see how corroded it is.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just went PH by habit, it's the main place i look myself as it's a car candyshop of all brands, its free, has a big audience from all forums and people on mars read Pistonheads classifieds, and people in France too it seems...

Yeah, figured the corrision was why (there is none BTW), it's just funny i've sold two Esprits and nobody ever asked for underbody shots. Will take some when it stops hailing (yes hailing).

Just found a thread on seloc about all the S1 elises being snapped up by the french, talk of a 111s bought here for £12k and sold there for £20k They figure its a combination of the Euro and rarity, sound right?

We've got 53 Elises for sale in our classifieds, I'm trying to grow it so I'd appreciate you copy and pasting your ad into our classifieds. I spent a lot of time and cash on our system, I'd rather than was used that Pistonheads to our audience at least. :)

The £/€ are still in favour of the € so relatively speaking any cars from over here are very cheap compared to years past. Having the CoC is a bonus, means they can register the car easily abroad.

Lots of people sell the hardtop separately by the way, £500 or so I think they're worth. It wasn't included with the car when it was new so it seems the Elise owners consider it a separate investment and therefore sale item.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Good luck with the sale Paul. I had a similar thought the other day when doing the valuation for my insurance, if it came to that - what next ?

Think I've had my fill of Esprits by now - likely be a TVR or something. Ferraris too much £££ per bang, Lambo too expensive, I will never own a newer Porsche, £20k Elise is too fun pack for me.

Prob use the cash to go through all the older cars I always wanted and just tick the boxes - Celica GT4, mini etc - then settle for a Noble or something.

facebook = [email protected]

Fixed the ad for you - I've seen your future too....

1974-Porsche-911-Whale-Tail-Race-Car-fa-lr.jpg

Evora NA

Arg! My eyes!

And sorry to see your lil car go Paul.

Like you and Jonathan I am stumped as to what to buy. I drove a Roush Mustang the other day and was suprised at how fast it was and how well it handled and the noise! OMG!! Only down side was you can't get one below £25k which is £5k more than I can afford.

But then I also (purely for the sake of clarity) drove a Porker Cayman and OMG....I think I would get more fun out of a VW Beetle! What a shocking, mass produced pile of poo!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I quite like classic Porsches, from when they made cars with soul, 944 etc.

I did give serious thought on whether to keep the two money pits, err I mean Esprits this year - both need at least £1000 spent on them to get them back on the road roadworthy (servicing, tax, MOT, tyres)

Clear choice would be the Evora (the old shape of course) I must admit, I was very taken by it. Prob is thats a car you buy with your head, not your heart and the GT3 has really be uber reliable. However there comes a time when spending lots of money on an older modern sports car becomes less cost effective than spending it on a state of the art one.

Paul, what about an Elan ?

Nooo, this one....

Lotus-Elan-drophea_1540232c.jpg

facebook = [email protected]

Land Rover then! :lol:

Evora NA

It's not just the exchange rate that makes the cars favourable in France. Price of second hand cars over here (all marques) are ridiculously expensive, and you must pay a tax to register a car. You pay the same tax if you import from the UK. So you get the car a lot cheaper in UK, pay the same tax, put LHD headlights on or just re aim, through the CT (French MOT about €70) and you're laughing.

I'm looking for a daily driver at present, want a diesel estate, typical high mileage Peugeot 406 in Uk approx £1500, buy same car in France, €4000!!!

I'll be buying in the UK when I find the right car, and importing over here too!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I'd love a Pantera Mark, I used to have this thing about the GT5 but now i like the cleaner lines of the GTS.

Love the Mangusta too.

I really have a thing for the Longchamps as well.

Find a good one and you need twice my budget though, and whenever i see a pantera engine i think 'it would never look that shiney if it were mine'. I don't deserve such shiney stuff when i'd ruin it by driving it.

4 days.

Deposit taken on an asking price offer. The guy will pickup this weekend once funds clear.

I had several french people ready to pay asking price. I showed the buyer my inbox of some 30 french email contacts telling him that if he kept the car for the summer and stuck it up for a grand more than i did they would still bite his arm off.

The only reason i let english guys view before commiting to a french sale is i KNEW the car would speak for itself, no. not like knight rider, but you know what i mean. A french sale would mean meeting at airports, tunnels and docks but i would have done that need be.

If any of you are thinking of selling a 111s then i can give you contact info of two absolute gentlemen french guys who were ready to buy at asking and i'd have had no issues selling to them.

It's tucked away in the garage here still so still with me but no more driving for me, Just have to wait until saturday and wave goodbye to the best Lotus i've owned...

:(

Then think about shopping!

I know what you mean Paul, I have just sold my Alfa which is being collected on Sunday. OK its not a Lotus but I would say its my fovourite of all my day to day carsof the last few years.

No shopping for me though....its paying off the loan for the Esprit.

Have you thought about a Masarati GT4200....I reckon thats what I would have with your budget.

SOLD

GONE

EMPTY GARAGE

:(

The market for good S1 111s Elise cars is positively red hot at the moment, i had Nooooooooo idea.

Patrick rolled off in his Elise about half an hour ago, it still has the forum sun strip so maybe he'll find this place and join.

Cracking little car that, he'll have a lot of fun. I think the S1 Elise is and will be a MASSIVE classic, and dropping out of Esprit ownership to get one was one of the best things i ever did. In 30 years time you will really regret not having owned one of these little cars when they were new and cheap to buy.

Now for something completely different maybe?

l_bmw320rear_Original.Png

No?

Evora NA

Glad it was an easy sale dude!

I never thought I'd see you drivin a Porsche though.

TBH mate the forum has helped me in that respect. When we were LEF (lotus esprit forum for any newbies) i felt that i needed above all else to continue Esprit ownership to be 'part of the gang', i f you are with me?

When we became TLF it felt like any Lotus ownership would be ok so there was a wider choice, having the Elise made me less of an outcast. In fact the launch of TLF saved me much merciless pisstaking i am sure. :)

But i found myself REALLY limiting my next car by applying the 'it must have a lotus badge' criteria. There is no model above the S2 Exige i'd want to own, and the S2 exige is to me really just a fat technofest of an S1 elise, i already had an S1 Elise with s2 running gear and 170bhp, i did not see what a low sill height, electric windows, aircon, traction control and that jazz would give me, i've driven the early and late S2 exiges but it think the S1 is THE definative model and all the ones thereafter just chip away from it, granted they add BHP, but at the expense of needless trim. alacantra, cabin trim, electric goodies, comfort, driver aids and weight.

So what next, on the basis it has to have a lotus badge on the front?

The inane and blind 'badge loyalty' i have seen in recent times really helped here, if i had a sheet of lotus badges i could honestly stick them on anything from F1 teams to leather jackets, to watches, to tins of beans, and there would be people buying them just because they were lotus related. I don't honestly know what image the Lotus brand has today, i know i love the cars they have made, and enjoyed owning them, but what they are doing now is to me no different from any other company feeding a clearly defined market. I feel like i have seen the best, if that makes any sense at all. I can look at an '85 G turbo and see a brilliance that i can't remotely see in anything they are doing now.

However, i'm going to linger here like a bad itch. If you thought i could supply a F**k off reply to a topic before, just wait until i'm in an arse-farting-superbeetle, i'm going to take the world over!

Well at least you won't be owning a German car brand, just a car from a German brand.

Glad to see your sale went so well. S1 Elises and Exiges are a fortune over here, say $50,000 up, and you are not even allowed to drive them on the road.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE