free hit
counters
AP Racing Brake Caliper Mounting Brackets - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

AP Racing Brake Caliper Mounting Brackets

Ok, so I got a sweet deal on a pair of AP Racing brake calipers from the recent Lotus Parts sale (thanks again Bibs for receiving these and shipping to the US!!). Unfortunately they didn't come with mounting brackets and Lotus tells me they're no longer available. So where might one find a set of mounting brackets in the aftermarket? I would hate for these calipers to become very expensive paper weights!

post-9790-0-24816400-1301970008_thumb.jp

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those babies are beauties!

Shouldn't be difficult for a someone in a metal workshop to make you a pair of brackets, but you may have to present them with a mock up. You put the right rotor you are going to use on the car and make a bracket yourself from something sturdy but "workable", like a hard (styro)foam or MDF or similar. Then ask the workshop to make a pair from high grade aluminium. This way you also have the opportunity to use normal AP Racing rotors in stead of the Lotus originals. Same quality but more affordable and easier to renew when the need arises.

Hi Doug,

This is the main reason why they were so cheap! You should be able to find a local company to knock something up for you. What is the mounting centres (exact)? It could be 152 or 152.4mm? I might be able to point you into an alternative direction of adapting some Hi-Spec caliper brackets. It all depends on mounting centres. You will have to shim/shave off vertical part to make it suit your AP caliper.

I also might have the technical drawings for the AP caliper brackets in my archives somewhere but it will take me a while finding it.

David Walters

Just had a quick look at my data. The AP is 152mm mounting hole whereas the Hi-Spec Billet 4 is 152.4mm and the Monster 6 is 154mm, so they won't fit. Also the AP bracket was made from cast iron so even with the info, you won't be able to make the same bracket in aluminium as you'll need deeper tapping thread holes.

Have you contacted AP direct? The AP part number for the bracket is CP2494-1110 (made in 1999).

Hope this helps,

David Walters

• 4 years later...