free hit
counters
Wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wanted

Newts

Hello everyone

I'm looking for an Esprit again, a Stephens Turbo or SE, or even maybe an S4 or GT3 if someones desperate to sell

Been all over the country in the past few weeks and seen several cars but still looking, cash waiting

Edited by Newts

Colin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an 89 G plate Turbo SE I'm thinking of selling as I'm moving house and it doesnt get used much. About 26500 genuine miles, very good red paintwork, very good cream leather interior. Currently on GT3 rims (fronts bored out so original hubs meaning the original wheels I still have still fit). EPC front discs, green pads all round, braided brake lines, recirculating dump valve, currently running #3 chip using memcal adaptor board so memcal not butchered. Also currently using flat bottomed steering wheel although I still have the original so easy to get back to original. Sports exhaust and decat pipe, but I have the old cat as well.

Let me know if you may be interested. I'm in Hampshire

Edited by russellbosier

I have an 89 G plate Turbo SE I'm thinking of selling as I'm moving house and it doesnt get used much. About 26500 genuine miles, very good red paintwork, very good cream leather interior. Currently on GT3 rims (fronts bored out so original hubs meaning the original wheels I still have still fit). EPC front discs, green pads all round, braided brake lines, recirculating dump valve, currently running #3 chip using memcal adaptor board so memcal not butchered. Also currently using flat bottomed steering wheel although I still have the original so easy to get back to original. Sports exhaust and decat pipe, but I have the old cat as well.

Let me know if you may be interested. I'm in Hampshire

Hi Russell

Drop me a PM please

Have you seen the white Esprit Turbo at B&C Motors in Cottenham, just outside Cambridge? Been there a while but might be worth a look?

Brendan

Hi Brendan

How are you ?

Thanks for the lead. It's been on AutoTrader for ages. Given there's been 3 x GT3's sell in the £9k area recently, it seems a tad overpriced.

I've been watching all the usual places for a few months now but only really been able to buy for a few weeks, I almost bought an S4 at £10k but backed out in the end as I wasnt really ready to buy.

Colin

Why not give Gerald at GST in Newmarket a call and tell him you're looking. He looks after lots of Esprit's and may know someone who's thinking of selling. The bonus being that if he's looked after it you'll be sure of getting a good one. That's how I found mine!

Good luck,

Brendan.

Edited by BC007

Well after travelling up and down the country I'm finally back behind the wheel.

I've bought an 89 Turbo thats been advertised for a while from a guy in Kent after seeing it a couple of times.

The PO bought it from UKSC and it was a former Classic & Sports Car cover car.

It needs a few jobs doing (dont they all ??) but on the whole seems like quite a good car.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who know 's anything about the car or previously owned it.

KentEsprit9.jpg

Anyone got a copy of the magazine they dont want anymore ?

Colin