free hit
counters
Inoperative Rearview Mirror - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gary7m

Inoperative Rearview Mirror

Greetings from the colonies,

The day/night manual switch on my interior rear view mirror doesn't work. Last night I tried to dim the mirror and it didn't function. Any fixes for this?

GP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you find it's broken, the mirrors are about £30 new. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

085_MirrorLcd.jpg

Mine is only for reversing, I still have the original mirror but until I bought an ice unit that included the screen I was considering something like this, almost as cheap as a mirror these days.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Can't really remember but I though mine was held by self tapers, but it sounds like non captive nuts on the blind side so you'll have to drop the lining down.

There are screws hidden under the sun visors, and you may have to remove the seal around the glass roof and do some "ungluing" depending how big / small your hands are. You may have enough clearance at the front between the trim and the screen.

Take hart it's easier than the aerial. :hrhr:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

There's screws under the visors for holding up the roof trim at the front. Undoing these should allow the front of the roof trim to be dropped from the front to get to the back of the mirror screws.

You have to remove the head rail as the mirror is held in place with nuts which are merrily spinning as you try to unscrew the screws.

Take a look at the pictures on Buddsy's blog :thumbup:

http://www.thelotusf...s/page__st__180

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk