free hit
counters
Flynano - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

£25k, no pilots licence needed, how cool does this look! :D

http://www.flynano.com

wohoo1.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reads to me like you do need a pilots licence.

The blurb states that anyone with a pilots licence can fly one straight out the crate. Everyone else has to learn the law of the air, or in other words, get a pilots licence.

Not sure I fancy the wet landing. Sunderland flying boat I could live with but these buggers demand a wet suit by the looks of things :sick:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Having a licence is a VERY good idea even when one is not required. It just makes for better pilot skills on SO many levels, especially when the sh!t hits the fan.

I am only licensed as a private pilot (was going for pro but that's another story), but I find that my flight training has been of immense value in other areas of life too. It has enhanced my skills operating both cars and motorbikes, as well as provided some bits of wisdom applicable to decision-making moments in almost any context.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Al Quaeda types will love these things. No flight plans and we have a whole new version of suicide bombers to chase!!! :2guns::shock:

Flynano? Flyninny more like......

'Don't go into the sea' could become 'Don't go on the beach' as you'll have more than seagull droppings to contend with!

"Learn simple rules of the air"? A high proportion of people to whom this would appeal don't even know the rules of the road and would be completely rubber-ducked if they were suddenly handed another dimension in which to move.

That said, of course we may be safe until the 2nd hand resale prices make them moron-affordable.

Still, it does look cool.

Now, where did I put my credit card?

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Looks like an explosion of deaths waiting to happen.......snd therefore I want one! Where do I sign up?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The latest in a loooong line of "flying for the masses"....only problem is, the masses have no interest in flying (thankfully) .... any "enthusiast" who launches themselves off into the Wild Blue in (or pehaps, ON) one of these is due for a very steep learning curve...first part ascending, rest a plummet!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

An interesting design to say the least. While it is quite possible to turn an aircraft by means of "rudder only" control, the lack of [visible] ailerons makes for a less nuanced maneuver. But the real deal breaker is the lack of an elevator. If pitch control is by weight shift only (a la hang glider "technology"), you'll not find me on the short list of buyers. Does look like fun, though. :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Does the maxim about Old Bold Pilots apply here? :whistle:

When the second hand prices reach moron affordability levels, thats the Darwinian economic supply/demand/death equation in action. Job done.

Notwithstanding that, it does look fun....