free hit
counters
Grampian Transport Museum – SpeedFest Day 5th June 2011 - Page 2 - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Grampian Transport Museum – SpeedFest Day 5th June 2011

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have got my form yesterday.

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

ok guys thanks, got them...just waiting for Jon now.

Should be a great day :thumbsup:

First 4 forms are in.... waiting for Jon..... are you out there Jon????????????

We have to have all entry forms in by COB tomorrow so any last minute entries please get back to me asap.

Thanks

Really looking forward to this - my birthday weekend as well :cheers:

My 3 year 100% reliability run came to an end at the weekend. Heading over to the LEGS breakfast on Sunday in Edinburgh a definite exhaust blow appeared and got progressively worse. It had a metallic tinkling quality to it which reminded me of the 5 sheared exhaust manifold bolts on my previous Esprit......

Easing it home I parked it in the garage and went inside to change, steeling myself with a good strong cup of tea. Upon inspection it turned out to be a fractured lower EGR pipe, the very pipe MMC told me to keep an eye on at the last service. Doh.

It just so happens that she is booked in this coming weekend for a service and a bit of preventative maintenance - new sports cats, drive shaft seals, refit the roundel on the nose as some divi has tried to prise it off :censored: etc so all should be well for the 5th.

As its my birthday on the 4th I can guarantee sunshine the whole weekend. Promise.

Edited by hedgerley

Hope the car gets sorted and its not to bad.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 5th ...or 4th if you are comming up early....Happy Birthday to you....... :fun:

Gordon

Yes I have a entry, I'm doing pax rides at the start and the laps at the end.

Sorry I'm not in the Lotus section, but my car is a shed if your closer then 10 paces and would look a bit out of place with all this polishing talk.

Looking forward to the day, fingers crossed the weather will be as good as last year.

Scotty C

Here for a good time, not a long time

Sounds good Scotty

There isnt going to be a Lotus section, they are going to be located next to similar cars of the same era/performance etc.

No problem with the weather...Hedgerley has orderd the good stuff for us so look out your factor 50 B-)

Jon......are you there :unsure:

I really need your entry form like yesterday.

I have a place set aside for you but GMT are getting edgy with me because i haven’t returned your entry form.

I tried to PM you but your message box is full.

Can you please get back to me ASAP either by e-mail [email protected] or phone 07962 230855

If you are not coming to this now then i need to let them know because they are taking a lot of time to try and arrange the cars in specific groups.

They are well over subscribed and i am keeping a place open for your car.

Thanks

Gordon, I just sent Jon a PM to nudge him...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sorry guys, been away on a business trip ( Switzerland) only just logged in. :getmecoat:

I was logging in to say I can't make this anymore, really sorry but I was suffering progressive electric problems, the solution has been to fully strip and re loom whole car which is underway. In the end we couldn't even start her and we were melting fuses! By the time we do the reloom and sort the engine it'll be too tight to call.

It's such a shame that I found out about the event late but promise to better prepared next year and firing on on all cylinders by then.

Again, apologies Gordon!

:wallbash:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Ok Jon, thanks for the update.

Neil

Can you get in touch with me ASAP please

either on [email protected] or 07962 230855

I may just be able to get your car in but cant promise.

Thanks

Right then.

That’s everything sorted out for SpeedFest.

The entry list this year is huge but our entry of cars is:

• Lotus Excel (1st pre production car) (Static Only) – Brian Swankie

• Lotus Elan M100 (Static Only) – Archie Buchan

• Lotus Esprit GT3 (Static Only) – Gordon Masson

• Lotus Esprit V8 GT (Final Edition) (Static Only) – Mark Rigby

• Lotus Elise (Public rides and Static) – Brian King

• Lotus Exige (Public rides / Autotest / Pursuit) - Neil Stewart

• Lotus Evora (Public rides / Pursuit) – Allan Matheson

They have a full program with regards to the Pursuit runs but they are keen to have a couple of Lotus cars doing the Parallel Autotest.

The Parallel Autotest involves two cars starting at opposite sides of the oval track.

They go in and out of a line of about 5 cones before a short sprint to the end of the straight.

Round another cone and back down again in and out of the cones.

First car over the line is the winner.

Neil has put down for the Parallel Autotest in his Exige.

Allan has his Evora down for the Pursuit... but since he Pursuit is full, they cant use the Evora.

Allan, do you fancy having a go against the Exige in the Evora ..... or perhaps Brian in the Elise????

Can you let me know ASAP if you are up for that so I can get back to them….today / tomorrow would be good

Other than that the latest news is that they ARE 'planning' to group the Lotus static display cars together at this stage so that’s a step forward for LEGS domination.

The Pursuit and Autotest cars will be in a separate paddock where access to the track is better.

This is the provisional plan at the moment but the 7 cars above have been accepted.

Scotty C is there as a stand alone entry in his 2-11 because he is taking part in the Finale.

I will post this in the other Speedfest thread...(perhaps they should be combined??) and mail you all on your private e-mail addresses as well.

Looking forward to it big time, especially with the excellent weather Mark has ordered

Will also be looking forward to seeing any other LEGS guys there who can drop in past on the day….should be an excellent show.

I can confirm the good weather has been organised, this being my birthday weekend. Good to see you are joining us Archie.

Gordon - I've just noticed my entry is listed as 'Final Edition'. For the pedants amongst us, it isn't. These were the last run of cars, about 40 odd I think, that went to the States. I didn't put it on the registration form and am wondering who listed it as such?

Will we be sent joining instructions, maps, which gate to use, where to park and all that malarky?

Mark

It was me that put it in as Final edition when I got in touch with the museum….poetic licence so that we could get the two Esprits in.

The entry form is unchanged but it looked better when I gave them the list of cars to have Esprit GT3 and Esprit V8 GT Final Edition.

All

Sorry for not updating you with more information yet.. don’t have final details but I will get back to you with all details as soon as I have them.

Right gents

I spoke to the museum again just now and the “current” plan is as follows.

1. At the moment they have a full selection of cars for the “early arrival public” to have a run round the track so that means that they wont require any of our cars for this part of the event.

2. The pursuit section is full so we wont be involved in that.

3. They are still keen on two “similar” Lotus cars going head to head for the parallel auto test. They feel that this will show up the “supreme handling of Lotus cars”

Possibilities here would be two of these cars….

• Neil – Exige

• Allan – Evora

• Brian – Elise ?

Neil / Allan / Brian ….Can you get back to me ASAP if you are up for this please.

4. All the Lotus cars which are booked in for static display only, look like they will be grouped together (not 100% sure yet but I am trying).

Parallel auto test cars will be parked in a separate paddock area.

5. Entry to the site is between 7:30 and 9:30. I think it might be good for as many of us a possible for us to arrive at the same time so that we make sure we are parked up together and arranged well, although last year we all had pre-allocated slots. I would suggest being en route from Aberdeen by no later than 08:00 because it will be pretty chaotic getting all the cars on site.

I will update you with any further details as I get them.

Cheers

Gordon

Thanks Brian (if you want someone to ride shotgun Brian, I am your man :cool: )

Neil... you are down on the form to do the AutoTest and the Pursuit, Allan you are down on the form to do the Persuit only.

Who wants to throw their hat ( and their pride ) into the ring and take on Brian in the Elise on the AutoTest?

(Just a reminder that the AutoTest cars will be parked in a different area from the static display cars.)

REMEMBER, your pride and kudos on the Forum is at stake here (does your son’s camera take movies Allan?????)…. And I will supply a bottle of Malt Whisky for the winner :unworthy:

Hi Gordon,

I have already said a couple of times I am up for the Autotest or whatever, so stick me down and see what I can do against whatever the smaller and more nimble cars can do.

Yes he can take video but not sure about the amount of memory he has if taking lots of high res photos as well. If somebody else had a digital video might be better. Hedgerly You might be able to use your car mount one?

Very generous of you Gordon! We were already planning on a swing past you anyway I think at about 08:00 as we leave hotel so fine by us.

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Happy to provide my HD POV camera and sucky screen mount thingy. I've got a couple of memory cards so should be enough for a bit of lappery recording.

Thanks for the clarification on the FE point Gordon. Good move.

Had a chat with Craig at MMC this afternoon - my car has been fully serviced, new sports cats fitted, new rear silencer box (wrecked inside by the old disintegrating cats) and the EGR pipe replaced. I had suspected a heat shield rattle but that turned out to be the inside of the cats rattling around in the back box.....

And it past its MOT with no problems

Sooooo looking forward to Saturday.

Edited by hedgerley

That’s things finalised then:

They have now decided to revamp the event in comparison to last year and cut the entry down to 101 cars in total.

However, we STILL have all our cars in the event.

• Lotus Excel (1st pre production car) (Static Only) – Brian Swankie

• Lotus Elan M100 (Static Only) – Archie Buchan

• Lotus Esprit GT3 (Static Only) – Gordon Masson

• Lotus Esprit V8 GT (Final Edition) (Static Only) – Mark Rigby

• Lotus Exige (Static Only) - Neil Stewart

• Lotus Elise (AutoTest and Static) – Brian King

• Lotus Evora (AutoTest and Static) – Allan Matheson

Also Lotus 2-11 Scotty C (Separate Entry)

The AutoTest / Pursuit has been juggled a bit and Brian in the Elise will take on Allan in the Evora (hopefully we will get you in to the AutoTest or the Pursuit next year Neil but they couldn’t fit you in this year)

You will all be receiving entry paperwork in the next couple of days which may list your car as doing slightly different things but the format above will be the final entry / events that our cars will take part in.

We have managed to get a pretty good Lotus content in the show this year (8 out of 101 cars entered……A bit of a shot across the bows for the Ferrari’s and Porkers) and next year we may even manage to get the Governor to persuade his friends in high places to give us the Esprit show car ???? :innocent:

As I get any more information I will let you know but that’s it for now.

Get out the polishing cloths guys and roll on next weekend :thumbsup: