free hit
counters
Any wine buffs out there? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Any wine buffs out there?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a wine buff but I am a wine snob.

For that reason red has to be French.

So my opinion, for what its worth, is " Good ".

Usual caveat about price/value for money though.

If you really value this opinion then just send me a bottle too :wine:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Meh. I'm sure it's good, but not special. Might want to run it by Andrew McNamara. He's a Master Sommelier and the best Sommelier I've ever met. He has a blog called Thoughts on Wine. Maybe he'd give you an opinion. He won't remember me, but he blew my mind with some special stuff while at The Breakers a few times years ago. His blog is the only thing I read on wine.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Rule of thumb (my thumb)(my rule)

If you enjoy it's good, if you don't it's bad.

Where it comes from, not critical, label irrelevant.

McLaren Vale South Australia produces world class reds.

One of the best has a label "Dennis" proving labels can be misleading.

Whichever clown specified red should served at room temperature, has never spent a summer in Australia.

Convention is rubbish enjoyment is everything.

I'm only sad that I can no longer partake. :(

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Totally agree wine can be from anywhere.

French - pah! I have a very good El Bombero (15%) spanish and I do like Il Papervero, I do also like South African wines and would tend to head to this part of the isle.

If you like it...

nom, nom, nom.

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Louise, the El Bombero is terrific stuff but have you tried Le President XV? Also from a well known distributor in Reading it is rather good. :cheers:

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Rule of thumb (my thumb)(my rule)

If you enjoy it's good, if you don't it's bad.

Where it comes from, not critical, label irrelevant.

McLaren Vale South Australia produces world class reds.

One of the best has a label "Dennis" proving labels can be misleading.

Whichever clown specified red should served at room temperature, has never spent a summer in Australia.

Convention is rubbish enjoyment is everything.

I'm only sad that I can no longer partake. :(

So what varietals work out the fridge - need some inspriation as warm reds and hot weather are not working for me

This is all IMO and based on our climate.

Generalisation, the lighter the wine the more chilled, a Shiraz cool as opposed to refrigerated, a Rose I would treat the same as a white. (no I wouldn't I'd feed it to the cat)

Again IMO, bugger what you're eating, reds for winter, whites for summer. OK I wouldn't have a red with fish, but I don't get carried away with convention.

A Chablis, right out of the fridge, a lady friend of mine will even put an ice cube in it (sacrilege)

Times and tastes change, I liked really dry wines, but in all that, you just read all this from someone who has not had a drink in many years. (pity)

Most wine buffs are like concert critics, boring repetitive and unimaginative. Your enjoyment is what counts.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)