free hit
counters
Location - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My Profile seems to have lost "Location" as do a number of others, but not all. I found it useful to know where the member is from "Drivers side" a case in point.

I've been into my profile but it's been a while and if "Location" is still there I can't find it.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

But there is no "location" facility, (that I can find)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

post-1-0-70695400-1303339251_thumb.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Roger,

I've been PM'ing Bibbs for nearly two weeks about this same problem. Got the same answer you did :wallbash: . Can't find the location button either :veryangry: . To the best of my knowledge, the only member whose location shows up is Bibbs!

Lyn

Abdullah, the time has come for implementation of the brotherhood's plan, praise Allah. The "sleepers" have all been notified, and are on the move. All location information has been deleted to deter the authorities. The cover of this heathen infidel car forum is no longer needed, and we are taking to the streets.

Allahu Akbar!

Yasir

Seriously, Bibs. Roger is not hallucinating (this time, anyway). I've had the same issue for a couple of weeks now as well. No big deal, but it would be nice to have the feature restored. Thanks.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I think it might be you guys! Go into 'My Profile', about a fifth of the way down the screen on the right hand side there's the "Edit My Profile" button. Hit that, then scroll down a touch.

location.jpg

Mines the same as Pilko's,

location is between name and car

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Could it be a Moderator/Non-Moderator setting difference?

Any non-Mods out there with a location box in their profile settings ?

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Now?

Evora NA

Yup it is there although I had to put the location back in.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Teehee! :innocent:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks to the powers that be :unworthy: . My location has returned :thumbsup: !!!! West Malling has struck again. Where is that?

Lyn

next to East Malling :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Thought you might appreciate it Rog :innocent:

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

next to East Malling :P

Do I have to travel through Center Malling or does it just go directly to West Malling :rolleyes: ?

Of course living in the States, I really do have no idea where East Malling is. Since it's Bibbs home, must be a wonderful area dominated by greens, yellows and all things Chapman!

Lyn

Its a good area alright.

Of course personally I would love to live in the second place on your location. Now thats my kind of place! Hot, sunny and loads to do!!

(And from what I am told, if you buy just outside Vegas you can get a nice place with a pool very cheaply!....in comparison to our places in the UK £250k for 2-3 bedroom place in many areas).

Hi Tony,

There are an extraordinary number of homes for sale in Las Vegas. Housing boom fueled by an out of control market in parts of California. Credit given to unqualified buyers. Well, thats another whole story anyway.

My house in Cali might sell for $750K. Here its a quarter of that. People bought them for inflated prices. Sold them for inflated prices. Moved to Vegas. Bought a home valued at $500K and made a $250K profit. Now that same house might be offered for $150K to $175K. Loan holders got the shaft (sometimes their fault). Not a good thing!

Keep living in Rochester for a number of reasons. Number one is comfort level. My friends and family are here. Love being in Vegas over the Winter because of the mild weather. During the Summer, if you want it hot, you will love it there. From May to late September, the daytime temperature is over 100 degrees F. Nights drop to 70 F. During August it is not uncommon for the day time temperatures to reach 115 F and nights only down to 90 F! Don't believe the "low humidity" bull poop. It's HOT! Don't touch the car door handles!

One really cool thing. Lots and lots of exotic cars. Two Ferrari dealers! Never seen so many V8 Esprit's in one place. Even more than our yearly LOG. Number one volume Lotus dealer in the US. Great Lotus car club (Southern Nevada Lotus Car Club). Weekly Cars & Coffee. Monthly drives with multiple car clubs participating. Both Spring Mountain Raceway and the Las Vegas Motorsport Complex. The Imperial Palace Automotive Museum. Las Vegas is a real car city!

Lyn

Now?

Gracias, El Jefe. :thumbup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Of course personally I would love to live in the second place on your location.

Christ. Having met both of you, if you decide to rendezvous in Vegas I'll bring a video camera, one bottle each of ether and adrenochrome, and all the booze you can drink so I can follow you around and film Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Part II. I'm not sure the town's ready for the double-barrel effect of you two.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S