free hit
counters
V8 Fuse To Coils Blown - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
williamives

V8 Fuse To Coils Blown

anyone experienced a similar problem on a V8. Engine died whilst driving along, wouldn't restart. The fuse to the coils was blown, and a new one blew immediately.

I haven't really looked into it, I assume the coils are somewhere in the centre of the engine near the starter motor. I guess could be the coil(s) itself or maybe a wiring fault. Anyone had similar? Is it a big job to get to the coils...

I had the car relayed to sinclaires (lotus independant in Romford, Essex) who i know. Unfortunately electrical guy's off on holiday and so they won't start on it till monday......

Will

'99 Sport 350

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

i had a coil pack replaced on my V8 due to a missfire, the dagnostic machine detected the coils were not firing hence the replacement. It turned out the problem was a short in the wiring loom it had chafed away were it passed by a bulkhead. Maybe a similar short might be causing your fuse to blow. Worth mentioning to you mecchanic.

good luck Andy

anyone experienced a similar problem on a V8. Engine died whilst driving along, wouldn't restart. The fuse to the coils was blown, and a new one blew immediately.

I haven't really looked into it, I assume the coils are somewhere in the centre of the engine near the starter motor. I guess could be the coil(s) itself or maybe a wiring fault. Anyone had similar? Is it a big job to get to the coils...

I had the car relayed to sinclaires (lotus independant in Romford, Essex) who i know. Unfortunately electrical guy's off on holiday and so they won't start on it till monday......

Will

'99 Sport 350

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check for corrosion under the coil pack where they mount to the block.Corrosion can interrupt the grounding path.