free hit
counters
Installing SJ Exhaust System in S1 - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Installing SJ Exhaust System in S1

While reading this topic I checked SJ's and seems there is now a new S1 system, or I am missing something (FULL S/STEEL SYSTEM for SERIES 1 including TUBULAR MANIFOLD) ? I concluded this is a new system as it's less than half the price previously mentioned in this topic. Anyone got any more info on this?

I am considering fitting a full SS system as mine has been welded in 10 different places by PO's and the engine is now out.

Simon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Simon,

It's the same system. The cost when converted to US Dollars makes the system close to $1320 when all is said and done. The only other SS system I've seen is the LotusBits one. Which is 1200 GBP just for the manifold. So in comparison the SJ's one is a bit of a bargain.

Gavin

Hello Simon,

It's the same system. The cost when converted to US Dollars makes the system close to $1320 when all is said and done. The only other SS system I've seen is the LotusBits one. Which is 1200 GBP just for the manifold. So in comparison the SJ's one is a bit of a bargain.

Gavin

spoke to mike today at the lotus donington show it is 1200 gbp for the manifold and the silincer he claims 15bhp extra in top and up to 25bhp mid range (3000rpm) he told me he spent 3 day on the rollers to find the best lenght....

so as soon as my mani cracks I'll buy one from lotusbits.

does sj claims any gain in bhp?

cheers, rick

You and me both Simon.

Rick, glad to hear you get the full system for 1200. I also didn't know about the bhp boost with Mike's set up. Not sure if SJ's claim anything for their system.

Gavin.