free hit
counters
LHD-RHD CONVERSION ON AN ESPRIT? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

LHD-RHD CONVERSION ON AN ESPRIT?

steve930

Hi guys, this is my first post although i've been regestered for several months now, great forum with lots of info.

I am looking to buy a V8 esprit & viewed a car today, which condition/mileage etc are all excelent however the vendor states that the car was originally owned by lotus factory & was LHD. The car was allegedly taken back to lotus factory several years later and converted to RHD and had the later style dashboard/instrument pod fitted all at the same time.

My question being does this sound like a likely scenario?? I thought i would ask on here before contacting lotus. Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers, steve.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Steve,

Get the VIN and call the factory or if Bibs picks up on this thread he may tell you who to ask for at the factory that could confirm if the car is legitimate.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/index.php/topic/16835-sold-1996-v8-for-sale/page__p__175471__hl__bugatti__fromsearch__1#entry175471

Have a read, I recall this being spoken about a couple of times over the years, ex Bugatti directors cars being converted to RHD. The story about your potential purchase could well be very true :)

Chunky Lover

Is it the car in the thread Simon just linked to and today is a bank holiday, no-one is at work!?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I was there, they were open - 01953 608000.

If you keep struggling, pop me the VIN on PM and I'll make enquiries for you :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I was there, they were open - 01953 608000.

If you keep struggling, pop me the VIN on PM and I'll make enquiries for you :)

Ok thank you for that. The number i was trying was 01953 608247, mean't to be the archives number?

I've decided not to go ahead with this car. But i have bought another one (please see new thread).

thank you for help and input on this thread.