free hit
counters
My new toy, nearly an esprit owner! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

My new toy, nearly an esprit owner!

steve930

Hi guys i have looked at and agreed to buy this car (for much less than asking price). and left a deposit. . I'm well aware the car was a press car, but anymore feedback from you guys about this car & whether its a good buy would be greatly appreciated.

I'm due to collect the car late next week, so its not too late if there are any horror stories. Please PM me if you would prefer discretion.

P.S. i can't wait till next week if all goes well :D

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR PICTURE

My link

Edited by steve930

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Steve. As rare as the Sport 350's are, you'd be hard pressed to go wrong in procurring one, even if a few niggles were present. Go for it, and congratulations!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

That is car 0

Be aware that whilst it is decked out as a 350 it left the factory production line as a standard V8. It was then passed to Lotus engineering who converted it as a demo for the sport 350. Therefore the body isn't hand laid as the real 350's are.

Also it has had the 2002 rear light converion done. This was never standard on any 350.

You may want to see this thread for a video of it being used on track.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

thanks for that, i came across the videos etc whilst searching last night. seeing as the car is no longer standard i wouldn't feel so bad about making a few more alterations, ie chargecoolers etc

Good luck with UK Sports Cars. They have the worst reputation of any car dealer I've ever heard.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just a quick update. The deal on this car has fallen through, mainly due to major mechanical work being carried out by garages of an unknown quantity, That is not to discredit general garages, i know of a couple local to me that i would entrust any of my cars with. Its not a risk i'm prepared to take on a car like this with the agreed purchase price we had.

UKSC had very kindly offered me one of their wonderful 24 month warrantees on the car :blink: but i declined !

I have now found another car to look at which sounds very promising, so hopefully third time lucky

P.S. thank you everyone for your info and views .

Good luck with this one :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.