free hit
counters
Classics On The Green 8 May 2011 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Classics On The Green 8 May 2011

Sparky

• Gold FFM

This regular show is only a couple of miles from my house, and runs from 1000 to 1700.

Always a great variety of cars. Turn up early as it's normally very well attended. thereafter, perhaps back to my manor for a spot of tiffin. :D

1. sparky

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MIght join you for the tiffin, whataever that is (imagine it to be something like Pimms Oclock) but off to Cliveden House for the supercar day and lunch on the terrace, what what.

In case you dont know it is the Hot Rod Show at Dickinsons on the green today. Was putting a gezebo up there today and the very well attended by some awesome cars.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Oh fun in the sun..hopefully and double Tiffin for me :D

1. sparky

2. The Don - Tiffin only ?! ;)

3. internets

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

• Gold FFM

Yaaay! We really must sort out our signature logo. Wookie is on the case...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

My manor, about 0915! Bring umbrellas. :(

• Gold FFM

Not a drop of rain! Slow start, but it really picked up once people realised the weather was going to be OK.

As always, some interesting stuff around.

DSC_9408.jpg

DSC_9412.jpg

DSC_9413.jpg

DSC_9419.jpg

DSC_9420.jpg

DSC_9424.jpg

DSC_9427.jpg

DSC_9428.jpg

DSC_9429.jpg

DSC_9433.jpg

DSC_9435.jpg

And finally back to my place for tiffin and discussions on the merits of holding radiator ducts up with just one bolt:

DSC_9437.jpg

• Gold FFM

She would be if I could get the chloroform near her face.

I notice in that last picture outside your house what looks like an old knackered black Esprit. If you are planning to break her up I would be interested in a few spares

• Gold FFM

It's not knackered, Mike - I'm installing a cryogenic system that'll keep Bibs's chargecooler below zero. :D

Nice one Mike. That'll wind him up.

I went to that show a year or two again, it was really good. Shame I missed it this year. Went to the CSCC meet at Brands Hatch though today and got sunburnt with no 1 son and his mate. Saw a nice S3 Esprit come second to a TR8 then 911 then Camaro.

Nice to get together for a early trip to this show. From there I went to Cliveden near Taplow for the supercar day and of course there would only be one car to take for this. Another good meet with lots of interesting and a few rare cars in attendence including 288GTO, Koenigseggggggg, F40's and the ex Twiggy Miura owned by a very nice lady down the road from me. When i pulled up I could hear a chap telling his wife he had a black Sport 350 so obviously got chatting and it turns out he worked on the developpment of these at Lotus and had a few stories too.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0745-1.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

I'll get around to it at some point.

Trev

I used to drive my milk float up the long gravel drive at Clivedon as part of my round. Great student summer job although the early mornings were a killer.

It was an American University back then - post Christine Keeler but pre National Trust !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.