free hit
counters
Caterham in F1? - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stirling_Villeneuve

Caterham in F1?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting, if its true :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Fail to see what benefit that would be to them. Off the plot.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Buy a well known car manufacturer/name and go racing :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Purely a commercial excercise at a guess

Add value to Caterhams as a road going car from a F1 team.

Interesting that Caterham have the rights from Group to market a "7", in these times of naming rights.

Would this leave Team Lotus / Caterham as the manufacturer able to use gold leaf / jps / camel liveries legitimately, and the Lotus paintjobs as the imposter?

Fail to see what benefit that would be to them. Off the plot.

It rather sounds like Team Lotus might be thinking of challenging the Factory team on the road as well as on the track. If Lotus Cars manage to make their more towards an 'upmarket' Ferrari/Aston type of client and alienate a large percentage of their existing client base I couldn't think of a better company to produce an Elise/Exige type of car. Added lightness, no frills, track focused and affordable, plus Caterham Cars have Lotus heritage by the bucketload. What's not to like? :thumbsup:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Could be win win all round :)

Cliff

The 2 little children (Bahar and TF) both have toy cars to play with, can both use the Lotus logo and they lived happily ever after...

Caterham making "Elises or Exiges" does make sense, if Group Lotus don't want build them any more.

I think that TF did a deal with Proton.

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Caterham? Fine. That could actually be quite good. As long as it means leaving Team Lotus well alone.

Next we'll hear Anthony Colin Bruce Fernandes is moving his combined Team Lotus Seven operation to a garage behind a pub in Hornsey. Then he'll be seen wining and dining Hazel.

Well what does Cateram know about handling...oh I stand corrected!! Funny old world aint it. I quite like the idea, it kind of muddies the old Lotus gene pool up a bid dont it. I wonder if the F1 team will be using a 40 year old design too maybe the Jim Clarke car will be back on track...or better still maybe Senna's turbo JPS!!!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

The PC "new look" of F1 when petrol hits $20 per gallon:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I've always been a Ginetta fan myself. :yes:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

So next Caterham aquires the rights to Elise Exige and Europa!? tweaks the design a bit get new engines! And go selling! Oh what the hell game on!

The PC "new look" of F1 when petrol hits $20 per gallon:

Nothing's changed though.... Lewis, ( No 22 ) is in the lead, Alonso ( 11 ), is the fight, out performing Massa ( 66 ). The Red Bull of Vettel ( 33 ) seems to run it's nose lower to the ground than the rest of the field.... :innocent:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

:lol:

Cliff

Buy a well known car manufacturer/name and go racing :)

Oh, wait, they've already done that....

77 Esprit S1

Rebirth in progress

"the $6 m. car!, we can rebuild it, better, stronger,.....faster!"

94 RX7 R2, Mazdaspeed bits

2016 NB Focus RS

1944 Willys MB rescue

Confirmed today, after the BBC checked with Companies house, That Team Lotus have bought Caterham lock stock. Apparantly the new Directors are Kamrudin bin Meranun and Anthony Francis Fernandes (both partners at Air Asia as well).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

It's a bank holiday, companies house are closed? :huh:

This is all that there is on webcheck...

post-1-0-03343100-1303490222_thumb.jpg

I can't find anything on the BBC website or Autosport, when/where did you hear this Kimbers?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Excerpt from BBC:

Team Lotus buys Caterham - confirmed. There is a rumour that (Team Lotus boss) Tony Fernandes has bought Caterham Cars… A quick check in Companies House reveals that (Fernandes' business partner) Kamrudin bin Meranun and Anthony Francis Fernandes were appointed directors of Caterham Cars Group Ltd a little more than a week ago.Full story: Joe Saward's grand prix blog

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/

In the meantime his plans for the Team Lotus brand continue to develop. A string of new companies have recently been established including Team Lotus Bikes, Team Lotus Hotels and several others.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Probably the BBC have access to other sources like what I do :thumbsup:

The University subscribes to a number of electronic sources and checking does indeed show that directors of Caterham Cars Ltd are:

K. Meranun A. Fernandes appointed 31/3/2011 among others.

In the meantime his plans for the Team Lotus brand continue to develop. A string of new companies have recently been established including Team Lotus Bikes, Team Lotus Hotels and several others.

That would be:

Team lotus ventures Ltd;

Team Lotus Merchandising Ltd,

Team Lotus Enterprises Ltd;

Team Lotus Bikes Ltd;

Team Lotus Design & Engineering Ltd;

Team Lotus Hotels Ltd;

Team Lotus Jets Ltd

Dave - 2000 Sport 350