free hit
counters
Next Newlands Corner brekkie - Sun 15 May - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Next Newlands Corner brekkie - Sun 15 May

TomE

This is becoming a bit of a regular monthly thing and the SELOC folks start asking when the next one is going to be within a day of the last one happening! We had 15 or so at the last one in glorious sunshine but only a small minority of TLFers. Hopefully the decent weather will see a few more join us for another session of bacon rolls, looking at cars and earnest conversation (or incoherent drivel if you prefer). Sunday 15 May from 9am when the cafe opens and we'll probably hang around until 10.00/10.30ish.

1. TomE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea having a Breakfast Club

Our 1st LEGS Breakfast club started 4 or 5 months ago with just 3 people, the next had 4 we then decided to move it around the country and opened it up to Scottish Elises who to be fair supply the majority of cars. At the next events we had 13 cars, then 18 cars and today we had 20 cars including an M100 Elan, a 340r plus many Elises, a couple of V8 Esprits an Esprit Turbo and a Plevora of Evoras... probably the most customer cars in the same place at the same time. We met at a little French restaurant in the Grassmarket in Edinburgh where the owner who is a petrol head opened up 2 hours earlier than normal to serve us with a fantastic french petit dejeuner.

Pics and details here

Good luck with your events.

By the way where is Newlands Corner?

1. TomE

2. PFD

3. B1 RMA?

4. Bazza

5. Cliff

:)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I've invited a guy called Simon with another V8 Esprit from the Club Lotus meet as well so there will be two of us arriving Sunday look forward to meeting some new folk.

• Gold FFM

Planning on it, as long as the Bibsmobile doesn't give me any surprises tomorrow.

I've taken the liberty of adding Shaf too.

1. TomE

2. PFD

3. B1 RMA?

4. Bazza

5. Cliff

6. sparky

7. Shaf

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

1. TomE

2. PFD

3. B1 RMA?

4. Bazza

5. Cliff

6. sparky

7. Shaf

8. Dunc

9. Surprise guest

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Bugger - must have just missed Elton. Was he with you, Pilko?

He was right behind him! :huh:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I thought you were all very kind, and barely a finger was raised when me and Vic rolled up in the Bosch.

:)

For the record, the round trip was 150 miles and that worked out just under £50 in petrol, so not as bad as i thought. I think the snail paced fast lane on the M25/M40 saved me some too.

:D

GKP, your leaning in and fumbling and messing with my electric seat buttons managed to produce the most comfortable driving position it the world!!!!

Excellent turn out. Good to see everyone as ever and some new faces who we hope to see again soon.

Dunc thanks for showing us your V8 conversion :)

where we all going next

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

was a nice drive and god to meet a few people. Some lovely other brand cars there. I like Triumphs. ..

Thanks for the welcome Cliff..... but its only "my" conversion in that i am the current custodian. The lump was installed when I bought the car so the credit needs to go to a bloke named Jon in Lincoln, it's really "his" conversion.

Edited by Dunc

Anyone take any pics?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sorry guys but a cross border raid from LEGS group :shuriken: - this post is worthless without pics. :secret: Okay so you do not have our stunning scenery and quiet roads but you do have the cars so `cummon` get your act together :innocent::sofa:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Great to see so many people along, possibly our biggest turnout yet and an interesting mix of cars. Don't think I managed to talk to even half the people who came along but thanks everyone for coming! This meet is really easy to organise and it's good to see familiar faces and newcomers sharing their enthusiasm for Lotuses (and bacon!).

I'll fix a June meet in due course. Here are a few pics for those who couldn't make it this time:

DSCN4737_LR.jpgDSCN4736_LR.jpgDSCN4738_LR.jpgDSCN4739_LR.jpgDSCN4741_LR.jpgDSCN4743_LR.jpgDSCN4744_LR.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.