Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 27 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that my new Esprit has had a break from its nearly perpetual servicing, I managed to get a few pictures for everyone. These were taken out at my parents house, where I keep my detailing equipment (always been a hobby of mine)... anyway, I just gave her a good once over and snapped some shots for everyone. I'd love to hear what you all think. Enjoy!

post-6400-125666899161_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666901244_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666905175_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666907541_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666909327_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666912418_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666915096_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666917213_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666919196_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666922192_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666924453_thumb.jpg

post-6400-125666928444_thumb.jpg

Yeah the paint really is outstanding (and original), which I'm very happy about. A lot of people have asked if its a respray. The drivers seat is showing a bit of wear, which I'm looking to have corrected (its pretty light wear for its age though). And I may have the headliner redone as well (its really not that bad, just a little dirty).

Your car looks great, Tom. Super shiney. I imagine you certainly turn some heads in that in Manhattan. How long did it take you to get it that clean? Maybe you could post a guide on how to detail an Esprit.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I snapped this photo just as we were going out for dinner last Sunday to celebrate Colette's 52nd birthday - Shhh I didn't tell you her age ! She looks even better than the 22 year old Esprit. yes.gif

post-5938-125670781745_thumb.jpg

Too many Toys are never enough !

• Gold FFM

@Tom: just adjust/correct the lamp-pod position -and it will be perfect :)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Your car looks great, Tom. Super shiney. I imagine you certainly turn some heads in that in Manhattan. How long did it take you to get it that clean? Maybe you could post a guide on how to detail an Esprit.

Thanks! Yeah it definitely gets a lot of attention in the city. About 40% of people think its a Delorean (which is annoying), and another 40% think its a Lamborghini (which is less annoying). Very few people actually say 'Lotus' when they see it. I don't know if it's the only one on the island at the moment.

I'm pretty fortunate in that I had some good paint to work with straight away. Even still, it's about 8 hours worth of work, including the interior. Exterior only is maybe 5-6. The Esprit is actually a pretty easy car to work on, to tell you the truth. The paint is of really great quality and hardness... actually much better than modern paints which are heavily watered down and 'soft' due to environmental regulations. And the shape of it makes even application and removal of product pretty efficient also. The process itself is all about using high-quality products and taking your time with it. The hardest part is the cross-spoke rims, which really are a chore to get clean, and the insides of the wheel arches, because there isn't enough clearance between the tire and the surface of the arch to really get a brush into. I'm having my rims refurbished/repainted soon though also, which should make keeping them clean an easier task.

Next time I give it the full detail treatment, I'll be sure to take some pics and make a little guide out of it.

• Gold FFM

XJ-220 in a *traffic jam* :) ...like the top-gear comment on this 'road car is faster than the race-version' ! And it is still one of the cheapest super-cars you can get of the past days .. :D sadly, not cheap enough for me. But i had the luck to see the (not so gloryous..) action in Le-Mans of those in the past.. .

• Gold FFM

Porsche !? There is an Porsche in the *Czech British-car club* ??

• Gold FFM

XJ [XJ-40/X300]/XJS and an XK that's it ! ...my words :)

oh,and yes ..S-type!

Edited by G