Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Here's my 1993 Esprit....This car spent it's first three years in England, and then was imported to the US. Has rear fogs and didn't have the side markers wired into the harness(?!) Also has the half clear/half orange front markers that I haven't seen on other 1993 Esprits here in the US....

exterior015fd.jpg

esprit015mi.jpg

exterior067su.jpg

wow... that S2 really is amazing...

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Here ya go, one of two pearl white V8's in the world!

cimg00153ej.jpg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

...alright I've gotta admit

Like Giugiaro I think the 308 is one of the most beautiful cars on the planet :(

Paul's V8 looks great in person also

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Nice car, such a shame about the background..lol

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Those pictures make me want to ship my car to Switzerland for a few months - post more!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Guest Troy Halliday

Some great pics jhave been added since I sat put my head through the door.

I know what you mean Paul I have been looking around for few nice places to take some pics of my car. I was at a Pottery Exhibitionin Kent last weekend which was help at a Monestry they have some beautiful building and great couryards. I am going to give them a call and see if they will let me take some pics of the car for a small donation. B)

Alireza -- Wow! That is the most gorgeous S2 I have ever seen (sorry Shah!). And I appreciate your excellent photography, too!

Great pics from everyone!

. . . let me see if I have any that I haven't posted elsewhere on the board . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Okay, here are a few:

From Ault Park

AultParkProfile800.jpg

Another:

AultParkRear800.jpg

About 700 miles later . . . at the risk of making the car look bad . . . but then, this is original unrestored (and the judges couldn't see a lot of it sitting in the grass):

UndercarriageRear800.jpg

I thought this would be a good reference shot for any technical discussion -- feel free to use and modify it when pointing things out or trying to describe something in the tech forum! :huh:

I need to take some quality pictures in good light like a lot of you have!

:rolleyes:

Tony

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I think I've seen about 3 different kind of rear valences on the S1... your car looks great tony B)

slade

I think I've seen about 3 different kind of rear valences on the S1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you have -- Federal S1 and S2 cars have the valance you see in the picture above. "All" (supposedly all) Federal S1s and S2s have a large rear valance with a screen in it. It also does not come up as high as the UK/RoW valances, in order to accomodate the larger federal bumper. This results in a taller gap between bumper and waistband trim (i.e. slightly lower bumper) when you install a UK/RoW bumper in place of the federal one.

For UK/RoW, the following is roughly true for the most part: UK/RoW S1s had a valance with no screen and the tailpipe exited in a manner similar to what you see above (no valance between tailpipe and bumper), while UK/RoW S2s had the tailpipe surrrounded by valance (meaning part of the valance came between the tailpipe and bumper). But I have seen photos of UK S1s with the latter style of valance; my assumption is that it was replaced at some point, but I don't know that. IIRC, Dom's Lagoon Blue S1 has a UK S2 valance -- replaced? Or late S1 fluke?

- T

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Those pictures make me want to ship my car to Switzerland for a few months - post more!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, a couple more... but couldn't find any without those aweful backgrounds, sorry :rolleyes:

RNS014M083.jpg

RNS015M026.jpg

RNS015M045.jpg

RNS015M002.jpg

RNS014M115.jpg

Rob S

Dom --- new paint, I presume?

What kind of lights are those below your bumper? I have a pair of Cibie 35s I would like to mount under the bumper on the white car, but I am concerned about putting them in the right spot to be able to aim them properly.

If yours are Cibie 35s, and they are aimed properly, could you tell me how far back from the bumper and forward from the valance the mounting stud/holes are?

Rob -- gorgeous!!

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE