Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 58 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice job!!! Finally someone who drives the Evora as its meant to be driven ;-) Almost the same route I took on my business trip last week with my Exige ;-)

Edited by NW76

22 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Peak at 168mph, nice :D

Too much traffic :angry:

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

On 18.3.2016 at 18:33, snoboardr said:

Bunch of speed queens. ?

I prefer driving mine hard on empty twisty Scottish roads, even if only at 60mph (officer). Straight and fast can't possibly be as much fun as tossing an Evora in sports mode around bendy country lanes in the mountains of the Highlands. <big gay pout>

I enjoy both the twisty Alpine passes and the Autobahn. In fact, when the Alps are 1.000 Km away its nice to fly the Autobahn to get to the gratest passes.

Also, when you have 300 Km ahead of you for a 10 am business meeting, then the fast lane can get you an hour more sleep in the morning.

On 18.3.2016 at 19:53, NW76 said:

By the way - what camera/software are you using? Racekeeper?

I have a GoPro camera, Torque Pro for OBD recording and use Racerender to merge it all together. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Here is a short description: of how it works. 

- Camera: I use a GoPro Hero 3+. I have fixed mounts in front of the rear view mirror and under the front air intake.
- Data recording: I use Torque Pro with a Bluetooth OBDlink MX dongle. I have a fixed Android head unit so the data are continuously recorded. Torque Pro saves the data in a CSV file withc configurable data. Data samples are saves every second.
- Preparation: Video file and CSV data file are processed on the PC. I usually preprocess the CSV-file to add the correct gear and fix rare data errors.
- Video creation: I use RaceRender 3 to combine video and data overlay. A use a simple method to synchronize video and data: after starting the camera I press the horn on the next full minute and note the time. The horn is easy to find in the video and can be aligned to the time stamp in the data recording.
- I then use Adobe Premiere Elements to cut the final video.

• Like 1

Very much appreciated ;-)

I will give it a try  ... and also reconsider my GoPro mounting points. Behind the mirror and under the front air intake should work with my Exige as well ... I am not very happy with the suction cup at the rear / engine comptmt window ... 

• 2 weeks later...

It varies on which one I'm driving at the time! Although there's only 3 weeks difference between the two of them, they're two entirely different cars to drive. The Azure Blue one is a one-owner car with 18k miles and seems to be the more sophisticated one, whilst the Pacific Blue one has 75k miles and 7 previous owners and seems to be the brasher older brother! Bringing the Azure Blue one to Brooklands in May.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2016 at 14:25, TBD said:

Here is a short description: of how it works. 

- Camera: I use a GoPro Hero 3+. I have fixed mounts in front of the rear view mirror and under the front air intake.

Hi Thomas,

just want to make sure: in front of the rear view mirror means on the front windshield or on the mirror itself?   

Do you use the standard 3M double sided tape to fix it or anything else?

Thanks for your help

Norbert

Mounted on the windshield (inside) in front of the mirror, using a GoPro mount (which has 3M VHB-Tape.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...