free hit
counters
Lotus enthusiasts go behind the scenes at Hethel & Enstone - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLF News

Lotus enthusiasts go behind the scenes at Hethel & Enstone

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Other than the PR success, what was the news?

It was an enthusiasts event, not a press conference.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

No gossip, no insights? Big hitters out again for an enthusiasts event

Edited by simonb

It was a collection of representatives of various Lotus enthusiasts clubs from throughout the world. The day was an ideal time for the factory to give an insight into what's been happening since the Paris Motorshow along with snippets of information about future ideas (convertible Evora, for instance). The attendees can now relay their experiences to their fellow club members and hopefully allay some of the fears, cynicism and misinformation the internet seems to generate.

Those of the Club Lotus France do not seem to wish to report on their attendance. Was it that bad?

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

Henri had a wonderful time, even bumped into his Evora on the production line! Garage111 were there too...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Shame that no one from seloc were invited/attended?

/edited for shockingly poor grammar :getmecoat:

Edited by Jo Lloyd

SELOC did their own thing a few weeks ago but their day morphed into something slightly different to what the factory was expecting. They still had fun though.

SELOC did their own thing a few weeks ago but their day morphed into something slightly different to what the factory was expecting. They still had fun though.

That event wasn't actually a SELOC invite from what I know. A member of SELOC was invited (but not due to their connection with the club) and they in turn invited some of their friends along (which included Bibs). So just a bit strange that SELOC being one of the largest Lotus enthusiasts clubs in the UK wasn't extended an invite to the event Bibs coordinated.

But a stack of people from Seloc went and reported back on the event, the 'fawning forty' I believe they were called. As the number to the event I put together were very limited I decided it would be a waste of a space to duplicate the same club, there would be no point. Plenty of other large UK and international clubs were invited, well over 60,000 registered members were represented by a couple of dozen attendees.

Anyway, Seloc aren't really 'proper' Lotus enthusiasts, are they! :lol:

Evora NA

It was duplicate type of event to the one which Julie organised. The people who went along to her bash were all SELOC contributors and subsequently there wouldn't have been much of a reason to invite any more SELOCers along as Julie's gang relayed all the info they gleaned from their day out to other SELOC members.

This event was aimed at international club representatives not just the UK. You have to remember theres a whole world of Lotus enthusiasts out there who have never even heard of SELOC but still appreciate being kept up to date with what's going on at Hethel at the moment.

Anyway, welcome to TLF. You're more than welcome to stick around. :D

That's not really the point though and by that rational as there was a TLF representative on the first one there would have been no need for any further representation on this subsequent visit. The issue I was trying to put across is that the first one was an an invite to a private individual and was not Club/Organisation related.

The second event, from the way it has been advertised and reported on from here, was specifically set out for official representation of enthusiast clubs, of which SELOC is an enthusiasts club. If the shoe was on the other foot I believe TLF would not have been excluded due to having previously been to the factory. But that's just my opinion.

/Thanks for the welcome though :welcome:

Edited by Loafing Wafu

I think you're on the way to making a mountain out of a molehill here. There was simply no need for a SELOCer to be there as the day followed an almost identical format to the one they held only a few weeks earlier and which had been relayed to other members with gusto by the attendees on their forum.

It wasn't a conspiracy in any way shape or form, but of course there would be a TLF presence there as it was Bibs who organised the thing. (In fact it was Bibs who first mentioned the idea to Bahar about doing a number of meet and greet style events as a way of placating the huge number of loyal Lotus enthusiasts long before Julie ever met him.) The guys and girls at the factory are always ready to welcome visitors so no doubt further events are in the pipeline.