free hit
counters
VDO Anti-Slosh + Low Fuel Module Now Available - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

VDO Anti-Slosh + Low Fuel Module Now Available

Hi all,

The module is now available for purchase from the link below

£20 + P&P!

It has been tested as working on my Excel, and i've driven the car to within a smidgen of empty recently and it's showed the amount of fuel correctly.

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/vehicle-electronics/anti-slosh-with-low-fuel-warning.html

Comes complete with instructions, and if you wish to replace your low fuel warning circuit it has one inbuilt to come on at 1/8th of a tank, and an LED to work with the circuit is available for £1 to add to your order.

:)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oi, just cos i'm too short to push the accelerator all the way :blush:

I have a how to guide for fitting to an Excel but pretty sure it'll be just a suitable for at least the 'G' Esprits :)

Just drop me a pm and i'll email it over.

Bought, thanks Richard :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sounds good to me :)

Mine arrived yesterday, excellent service :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Please see below instructions, hopefully they will help!

1. Remove the instrument panel by; removing the 4 screws holding the veneer bezel in place and removel the bezel. Then remove the 4 screws securing the actual panel to the dash, you may need to remove / push aside the plastic side cover on the left to move forward. This is made much easier by dropping the steering column to its lowest point. Reach around the back and unscrew the speedo drive and disconnect the multi connector. Then carefully remove the panel out the front.

2. Place the removed panel on a good working surface that won't scratch / damage it, and is suitable for soldering or crimping if you wish to do it that way. The first picture shows the panel face down ready for working on.

3. Cut into the green wire from the back of the fuel gauge at a suitable point for making a good join. Solder a suitable length of wire for where you wish to mount the module onto each 'open' end of the wire. Screw the Fuel gauge end into the fuel gauge terminal as marked on the module instructions. Screw the other end into the Sender terminal on the module. The next two pictures show the broken into wire and the new wires soldered on (best option for a reliable connection)

4. You then need an earth connection, Matt picked this up from the instrument lighting earth. Take any of the black wires from the back of a bulb holder, and strip some of the insulation off at a suitable point, then make a join with some wire. Run this to the Ground connection on the module.

5. Finally the ignition switched positive feed for the module. This was taken from the postive feed to the voltmeter, the thin green wire on the terminal marked + on the gauge. 'Tap' into the wire as in step 4, and run cable to the positve terminal on the module.

Got mine today.

Please see below instructions, hopefully they will help!

1. Remove the instrument panel by; removing the 4 screws holding the veneer bezel in place and removel the bezel. Then remove the 4 screws securing the actual panel to the dash, you may need to remove / push aside the plastic side cover on the left to move forward. This is made much easier by dropping the steering column to its lowest point. Reach around the back and unscrew the speedo drive and disconnect the multi connector. Then carefully remove the panel out the front.

2. Place the removed panel on a good working surface that won't scratch / damage it, and is suitable for soldering or crimping if you wish to do it that way. The first picture shows the panel face down ready for working on.

3. Cut into the green wire from the back of the fuel gauge at a suitable point for making a good join. Solder a suitable length of wire for where you wish to mount the module onto each 'open' end of the wire. Screw the Fuel gauge end into the fuel gauge terminal as marked on the module instructions. Screw the other end into the Sender terminal on the module. The next two pictures show the broken into wire and the new wires soldered on (best option for a reliable connection)

4. You then need an earth connection, Matt picked this up from the instrument lighting earth. Take any of the black wires from the back of a bulb holder, and strip some of the insulation off at a suitable point, then make a join with some wire. Run this to the Ground connection on the module.

5. Finally the ignition switched positive feed for the module. This was taken from the postive feed to the voltmeter, the thin green wire on the terminal marked + on the gauge. 'Tap' into the wire as in step 4, and run cable to the positve terminal on the module.

I suspect the Esprit instructions will read something like; Remove seat, balance on head & shoulders for five hours trying to locate binnacle mounting bolts...

Maybe a slight exageration, but I'd welcome an Esprit fitting guide when someone does one :rolleyes:

Colin

if you need a hand let me know, i'm small enough to fit upside down in the footwell in some sordid position :blush:

(sadly i found this out removing a clutch master cylinder and not through a more exciting way)

if you need a hand let me know, i'm small enough to fit upside down in the footwell in some sordid position :blush:

(sadly i found this out removing a clutch master cylinder and not through a more exciting way)

Thats 'andy 'arry... :stuart:

Colin

are they specifically labelled as such Felix? on mine there are three wires on a triple connector. Looking a the gauge from behind, it is the top of gauge wires, just below the two wires for the illumination, one of which should be piggybacked to the 'middle' or 'side' connector which is the ground, the bottom one is the + and the top one the 'signal' feed from the sender.?

can be seen if this pick, green wire spliced to red

fueldelay003.jpg

Edited by fitz

Here you go NEWTS

This is what I did for my 92 SE Esprit…

1. Disconnect the battery

2. assume the Lotus position under the dash and remove the four 10mm  bolts

3. Unscrew the Speedo Cable

4. Unplug the three wire connecters for the instrument panel

5. Remove the binnacle carefully from the car. And place it on a bench upside down

6.  Undo the mounting bracket that under the fuel gauge and slide out of way.

7. Unplug the the wire connecter to the fuel gauge

8. There are three wire connected to the plug:  Black( - ) Green/Black (goes to sender), and Green(+)

9. Cut the Green/black wire. That’s the wire you need to splice into.

10.  Connect the Green/Black wire from the connecter to the proper connecter of the unit (see diagram supplied with unit)

11. Now connect the other end of the Green/Black that comes from the sender to the proper connection of the unit ( see diagram for the proper connection point)

12. Splice into the Black wire for the ground and connect to the ground connection of the unit( see diagram for proper connecter spot)

13. I spliced into a green wire from the wire harness. It as power when the key is on only.

14. Now tuck it back inside the binnacle and replace the mounting bracket.

15. reinstall the binnacle reverse order as when you took it off.

post-5388-0-20439200-1306343578_thumb.pn

iceberg, not all are power when key on. The wires from the connecter I used only have a couple of wires with power ,when key is on. The others have power all the time. So, it is best to test with a meter first,

It was very easy to install and it is nice to have a steady fuel hand on the gauge!

Iceberg, nice name... You live up north? I'm from eastern Canada and see Icebergs every spring...

by the way, nice car...

Cheers

Felix

Is there an easy way to find out which ones are "key on"? When the binnacle is out you have no power so I guess the testing has to be done when it is still IN (but not so accessible).

Edited by iceberg