free hit
counters
VDO Anti-Slosh + Low Fuel Module Now Available - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

VDO Anti-Slosh + Low Fuel Module Now Available

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would this anti- fluter setup work with the stock sender in an 05 Lotus using an AIM dash ?

The AIM dash fuel gauge is all over the place while the car is in the twisties, to check fuel level I have to stop and wait for the fuel to settle..

Please tell me it will work I hate stoping...

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Ronin - can you find out the range of the gauge in ohms please and i'll find out for you, if this one doesn't suite they will be able to make one for you but there might be a slight surcharge as it would be only one unit like that...

• 2 months later...

Typical, I only found this thread after I installed mine last night!

On my hi-wing I didn't fancy dismantling the dash so I installed it above the LHS fuel tank near the sender unit. I picked up power from the O2 sensor loom which also runs through there.

An old cushion placed on top of the engine prevents having "LOTUS CHARGECOOLER" permanently embossed into your chest!

Cheers,

Keith

Calypso red '92 Esprit SE Hi-wing

Calypso red '87 Excel SE

Blue '07 BMW X3 2.0TD SE

• 3 years later...

Hey! Is this still available??

Hi all,

The module is now available for purchase from the link below

£20 + P&P!

It has been tested as working on my Excel, and i've driven the car to within a smidgen of empty recently and it's showed the amount of fuel correctly.

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/vehicle-electronics/anti-slosh-with-low-fuel-warning.html

Comes complete with instructions, and if you wish to replace your low fuel warning circuit it has one inbuilt to come on at 1/8th of a tank, and an LED to work with the circuit is available for £1 to add to your order.

smile.gif

They are but speak to him to make sure it will work with your car.  He is waiting for a new model to be programmed as the one I have  have lights the low fuel light when full and it goes out as the tank emptys. I have sent him a wiring diagram and the next model should work fine once hes had it programmed.

I can recommend 'Spiyda'.

I think his module was used on mini's first.

He's a decent chap - I damaged mine and he repaired it at no cost and with a set of LEDs (I used an LED that damaged the system - not sure why).

He also makes a 'converter' module so you can adjust the ohms for different senders