free hit
counters
Some Favorites. - Page 10 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
VisualEchos

Some Favorites.

I am curious about the car positioning in this shot. You have a tree growing out of the car, i think if the car was angled between the lampost and tree it would look better, or the front nose just edging past the lampost.

Great processing of the shot though.

The positioning of the car, and the tree are quite on purpose.  Easton, you know, Chang, didn't seem to mind either :).

- Andrew

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The positioning of the car, and the tree are quite on purpose.  Easton, you know, Chang, didn't seem to mind either :).

But it also does not mean he is The Oracle ;) And things like this is really only a personal preference.

I would probably get rid off the tree to keep it nice and clean.

But it also does not mean he is The Oracle ;) And things like this is really only a personal preference.

I would probably get rid off the tree to keep it nice and clean.

Of course, I just didn't like the way he said it, like I didn't notice the tree...

I like the tree, personally, it's rare, but I think it works here, and it's my shot, so well yeah, it kinda' stays lol.

- Andrew

I don't think you can infer from my comment that I implied you didn't notice the tree, I said was curious about your choice of positioning which implies you knew it was there and chose to have it in shot. To me it seems an odd choice, as with all photo compositions its a matter of personal taste.

Have you got a Chang photo of a car in a similar position to share so that I can see the style reference you made?

I wasn't referencing a style, Easton Chang is a friend of mine.  In any case, it's an artistic thing, some will see it negatively, some positively.  In general, I don't like things intersecting the vehicle, but I do make exceptions, and this was one of them.

- Andrew

Guest surferphil

Watch out with Easton, he'll have you slapping on a black Vignette and add some smoke!  :rambo:

I'm sure technically that's a great shot but the stationary stars (I assume ps'd in) don't work with the blurred background. I appreciate there's an element of parallax but that looks weird to me, too much stationary/blurred mixup. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Stars do not move a lot.. and because of perspective, objects far away should be almost static.

I'm not saying they are here with a little bit of PS help, but still... this seems to be 100% natural to me.

Yup, Malcolm has it right, to get the stars to move, you'd need to be traveling at warp speed, or have a really long shutter, as they are super far away.  There were a few stars visible in this shot, which is where I got the idea to embellish them.

- Andrew

Beautiful shot.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Here's a 1920 desktop for you guys.  I am LOVING running these Yokohama slicks all the time, the fit, look, and drive are second to none.  Hope you guys like it.

9225982538_17cac7b57e_o.jpg

- Andrew

Very nice. You got all your issues with the dealership sorted out?

Evora NA

Yeah, they made good on things, and changed my brake/clutch fluid to boot.  I'm ok with the outcome, but I certainly won't be going there again.

- Andrew