free hit
counters
AR Drone - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Greetings Tech fans!

I am considering a final toy purchase before babies start arriving and was thinking that they AR Drone looks an amazing bit of kit....and good fortaking some flyby shots of the lotus too!

Has anyone got one? are they easy to fly? how survivable are they in the event of user incompetence? bottom line....are they worth the money?

Twitter @radioRedwards

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get one, get one, get one :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The AR drone is a toy...not bad, but restricted. Modern First Person View R/C is amazing...this was taken 3 years ago:

More modern stuff even has onboard GPS, autopilot, and full instrumentation including artificial horizon so they can be flown in or through cloud....model aeroplanes above the cloud layer; not legal or clever as they would represent a risk to full size aviation, but the kit is brilliant!

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The Dones are very cool!

We were hoping to stock them in the shop but they are an exclusive product and hence not available for general sale unfortunately.

They originally suffered from a delay in the transmitted video but this has been cleared up.

Ideally you need a butty with one as well so you can play some combat games which are very very cool.

I'll ask our suppliers if you wish (I think they are the official UK channel for the AR Drones) as to if there are any known issues floating around regarding them but from what I've seen they are pretty solid especially with the blade guard fitted.

I'd love one, would be cool to have a big combat game at a meet sometime.

Chunky Lover