free hit
counters
Need a Hangar - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Cheap at half the price, but needs some work !

Fly me!

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our very own Mr Douglas used to have one of these himself?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If you fancy getting some maintenance practice on one of these, we have one down at Brooklands Museum. I'm sure the chap who owns it would appreciate any help he can get.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• Gold FFM

Fear not - I've had a rummage and managed to turn up my old Haynes Hillman Hunter manual. They can't be too dissimilar.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Surely the Haynes Spitfire manual is a closer match my friend ;)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Duh. Everybody knows the Triumph Spitfire has a propellor.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

My Dad had a hilman hunter and it definitely did not come with any weapons in=built or supplied to be used by passengers. This car should have fallen foul of trades descriptions me thinks

I'm regularly working on farms near Exeter airport when the Hunters are flying. What a glorious noise! There is a Hunter maintenance company based there that keeps a number of such machines airworthy, and if you look on Google Earth or such like you can peruse their 'stock', particularly what I assume are parts machinesthat get parked up periodically around the perimeter track:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Sadly I've never managed to own a Hawker Hunter. My late Uncle Sid used to make them at Hawker Aircraft, Kingston....and Hawkers did very nicely out of the Hunter,as one air force ceased to use them, Hawkers bought them back, refurbished them and sold them on to some other air force! There are quite a few in private hands nowadays; lots of them at Kemble..... they are the most powerful and complicated jet that the CAA will allow to be flown by private owners....apart from the Vulcan, of course. No hope whatsoever of getting a Lightning or Buccaneer on the British Register. The nearest I came was my association with G-TOMG, a Mk4 Jet Provost....a friend of mine, with whom I shared a piston single (G-AZHI, Glos-Air AIrtourer Super 150) made a bunch of money at one point so the Mk4 was bought as a pile of parts and assorted bits of airframe, tea chests full of stuff! It was assembled by RAF trained technicians at North Weald and we flew it for several years until one of the other owners crashed it near the Severn bridge....and that was it for him, the passenger and the aeroplane. Moral of the story is don't think you can do low flying if you haven't been trained for it by the RAF! Even then you need constant practise....that's where the fun is... but in the civilian world such antics are strictly a no-no....

Looking at the advert, the work needed isn't going to be cheap...seat cartridges cost a fortune alone...but the real cost is the fuel when you get it airborne! Lots of money becomes very little very quickly when you're having fun. Hence the low capital cost of the airframe as advertised.... Somebody is going to have a lot of fun for a while!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein