free hit
counters
The final frontier - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The final frontier

gghc87

Recently bought some new kit and started to play around with some astro photography

Clear night tonight so went out and took my very first, but very poor basic picture. Still hope you get the idea

Capture19_05_201122_33_50saturncropped.jpg

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave, thanks mate as said its a simple basic shot so hope I can improve it

Andrew, I used a SKYMAX-127 SynScan™ AZ GOTO 127mm (5") f/1500 COMPUTERISED MAKSUTOV-CASSEGRAIN with an old philips 840k web cam that was lying around the house so the exposure times where a bit fast. This can be improved so I will keep playing with it an see how it goes.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

processed the image a bit

Capture19_05_201122_33_50saturncropped3.jpg

Capture19_05_201122_33_50saturncropped.jpg

Cliff

I remember my 1st shot of Jupiter and seeing the 4 major moons and was awestruck - thats a fantastic photo Cliff. Its so amazing when you can actually see objects with your eye that look so beautiful on the TV.

Wish I still lived in California - nights were so clear there we used to do the waynesworld thing (cept mine had much better fixtures and fittings than Mike Myers ;) ) very little light polution and so on....sigh...

Wish I still had access to the 20,000mm lenses as well from work :(

Major regret not doing some photography when i was there :(

So whatcha go that snapped that pic apart from a very steady arm :)

facebook = [email protected]