free hit
counters
New Owner here needs some advice.... - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New Owner here needs some advice....

County

Hi all

I have just purchased this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2814911.htm

I pick it up on Friday and was wondering what initial upgrades to get? Looking to get it up to around 300Bhp and it will be used 70% Road/30% Track.

Any help would be great. :)

Regards

Lee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lee and Welcome.

I sold my Exige S just recently, missing it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did mine!

Firstly, I noticed you have 12 months warranty on your car. Any modifications will probably null en void it, so be aware of that.

Secondly, have you spent any time with it in standard trim? Do so before thinking about Mods. Its one of the quickest cars on the road already.

Thirdly There are lots of things you can do to the car. Check out such Factory approved mods as adjustable suspension (yours may already have that). I would definately get the race exhaust (Circa 99db, 1 under legal racetrack limits in most places) it sounds awesome and pops and bangs on overun. Lotus made a 260 themselves, might be worth looking at what Mods they used to get this!!

Lastly please take into account what you are about to do.

Lotus make their cars right up to the limit much of the time. I know from experience and from knowing someone involved with much of the Engineering designs of Lotus's, that as you mod the engines you will make them more and more unreliable. It might be great to get 300bhp but if you can only drive it 100 miles a time before it breaks down then is it worth it?

These little pocket rockets are right on the edge of that fine line between reliability and performance. Just be aware.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum. There are a number of upgrade routes for the Exige but give it a go first, you'll be surprised just how quick it is in stock form. Once you'd done some track work then you'll know where you need to make improvements, if any to suit what you want out of the car. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...