free hit
counters
Sparky you're a star ! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Sparky you're a star !

I think most people know this already but his words of wisdom have been invaluable to me this week.

That pipe I was fighting all day yesterday came off within 10 seconds using the method you described - such a wealth of knowledge is hard to come by.

Gawd bless ya :unworthy:

If I can get another billet of ali the same size I'll knock that pulley tool up for ya.

Thanks again.

facebook = [email protected]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

No worries mate, happy to help. :D

I am The Hose Whisperer.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Is this a secret method then Jon or are you gonna share it with the world?

If you pull a hose it will tighten itself up on whatever it's on and make it harder to remove.

My tried and tested removal method for sticky hoses is a small screwdriver up inside the hose with a squirt of WD40. Leave for a second or two, slight twist and it's off... Simples...

How about we all share our hose removal techniques, exciting stuff for sure! :)

Chunky Lover

That tip Simon goes back hundred of years and helped remove the hoses on my water pump as easy as anything. My Dad used to use that technique when working on his Morris Minor and Austin Princess and handed it down to me including all his old tools that never break and never fail.