free hit
counters
7. Canada - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow That was a long race !

Too long for the DVR recording I setup. I added an hour onto the planned time which took me to just past the end of the red flag period.

Doh! :veryangry:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Too long for the DVR recording I setup. I added an hour onto the planned time which took me to just past the end of the red flag period.Doh! :veryangry:

Although it was broadcast locally on FOX, you had to switch to Speed channel to get the post race interview. Although originally broadcast on another channel, in the past Speed channel would rebroadcast a condensed version leaving out the waiting around time for a few future airings, but I don't know this time around. Check their replay listings.

Did Billy Smart supply the marsalls for that race, never seen so many comedy trips (although the chap trying to kill himself recovering Heidfeld's wing was a bit OTT)

Edited by simonb

Got bored and turned off

Anything interesting happen after the restart?

After the restart was one of the best F1 races i've ever seen. Button coming from 21st and 6 pit stops to win was amazing, but Shumi's long stint in 2nd place before finally dropping to 4th also had me on the edge of my seat. So much tension after such a dull two hour break. I feel sorry for Shumi, I'm not a huge fan, but that would have been a fairytale result for him.

I was at Silverstone for MotoGP, which was a bit dull. And also wet. Watching F1 on the BBC was the highlight of my weekend.

Edited by Sport 160

I finished work at 11 and rushed home to watch it. At 2am my generic satellite system lost the signal after it switched to BBC 2 just at the restart!! DOH!

I rushed through to my computer to watch it on I player (Which was spoilt as being titled "Button wins in Canada" FFS!!!!) and finally finished watching at 3.30 am this morning! I knew I needed to go to bed but it was just awesome! I couldn't take my eyes off it!

Button drove like I haven't seen him drive in 2 years and blitzed it! Back of the field 2 secs adrift from last place to first! AWESOME!!....

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Not a great day for Team Lotus - messed up pit stops with Heikki coming in unannounced on top of Trulli and then both cars had mechanical failures, though Trulli managed to finish. Disrupted races like this are surely the best opportunities for the lower order teams - Toro Rosso had 2 in the top 10 and even HRT were 13th/14th.

I thought the BBC commentators were very generous to Heidfeld - avoiding the back of the car in front seems like a fairly basic requirement! And that marshal who tried to pick up the bits has a career in the circus ahead of him.

Great drive by Button.

I agree with the above - I almost gave up waiting for the restart but when it came - wow. Great race. Made the wait truly worthwhile. The DRS and slick/inters made a big difference and allowed some great racing.

However, if Button can have 6 pits including the drive through penalty , a puncture and get from the back to the front in less than half the race then it does leave one wondering if the DRS makes too big a difference?

Driving on slicks around a half wet track was pretty impressive though. Hats off!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Although it was broadcast locally on FOX, you had to switch to Speed channel to get the post race interview. Although originally broadcast on another channel, in the past Speed channel would rebroadcast a condensed version leaving out the waiting around time for a few future airings, but I don't know this time around. Check their replay listings.

That's exactly what happened, Bob. When my two hour Sunday [Fox] recording stopped right in the middle of the race suspension, the first thing I did was pan the channel guide for future rebroadcast, and lo and behold Speed aired it again on the following Tuesday. It was still showing a two hour programing duration, but they in fact edited out the rain delay, so the entire race was there for my viewing pleasure. And oh what pleasure it was! Fantastic edge of the seat nail biting action and drama. Button drove the race of his life, but he still owes one to Lady Luck for Vettel's single mistake. Those final laps ought to have been displayed on a "split screen," with the Button/Vettel battle on one, and the Schumi/Webber scrap on the other. Great stuff, and certainly the best race of the season thus far, once the restart commenced.

Bit of a discouraging result for Tony and the boys. Guess they inadvertantly installed an Esprit half shaft on Kovi's car. :sofa: Rotten thing to happen. Seeing Virgin and HRT finish ahead of Trulli wasn't particularly heart warming either, but hey, they need their day in the sun too. Loved the commentator's comment about Hamilton's mobile likely ringing from a call from his girl friend as he was shown worldwide putting the moves on Rihanna in the pit area after his early retirement. :hrhr:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.