free hit
counters
So who went from an Elise to Evora? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stirling_Villeneuve

So who went from an Elise to Evora?

If so what do you miss, what you definitely not miss and what can't you live with out?

Overall impressions would be handy too!

Ta. :cheers:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I did, although with a 6 month gap.

I miss the rawness and lightness when throwing it around corners, although the Evora is just as good if not better.

I like the comfort and ease of entry / exit.

I like the extra power, and it's much more motorway friendly, even with the sports exhaust.

I like the in car technology, such as sat nav etc.

I would happily go back to an Elise, but only if I needed to for financial reasons. I'm very happy with my Evora and wouldn't upgrade to anything worth less than £150k... if I had the money!

Great question.

I had an 03 plate 111S for 3 yrs and did circa 20k miles.

For 2 yrs it was my only car.

Have now had Evora for circa 18 months and 10k miles, but used very much as a second car.

Overal impression is same as amost any owner - a brilliant car in every respect and loved every minute of it.

Again there is nothing that could tempt me away just now (possibly a Mclaren but thats a whole different ball game)

What do i miss:

driving with the roof off (all the time, everywhere)

Being able to thrash it everywhere and almost never losing grip. The extra power in the Evora means you need to show some respect and self control.

Having tyres that protect the wheels (Evora tyres offer absolutely no protection from kerbing)

Being so small it was quick and easy to wash and keep clean.

37 mpg average and lower running costs all round (eg tyres)

Not having to worry where i parked it - being so small i could park it anywhere with minimal risk of Doris opening her car door into it and damaging it!

What do i not miss:

The constant noise, particularly when you just need to get somewhere

Having to have the music at deafening level just to hear it

Why i love the Evora:

Extra power is great for 'playing' / powersliding / all round looning

Everyone looks at it, all the time (but unfortunately that also means it attracts the boy racers at the traffic lights too)

So comfortable to cruise if you just need to get somewhere without any fuss.

Handling is every bit as much fun as the Elise but with added 'go'.

at current 'used' prices you'd be mad to ignore it.

construction and property consultants : My company

I had an Exige previously, and the Evora is better in every way IMO. There is nothing I miss about the Exige, apart from the MPG haha

My thoughts are the same as the above. I've been telling people that the Evora is everything the Elise is and isn't at the same time. It's quiet and comfortable, but feels faster and grippier to me. I thought I would regret selling the Elise, Elan (M100), and Elan +2 to get the Evora, but I haven't looked back once. If I *could* have those three cars (plus my Esprit S1) back AND still keep the Evora, I would. But I wouldn't trade the Evora for those 4 cars.

2011 Lotus Evora 2+2

Went from an Elise R to an Evora S. Miss absolutely nothing, better and quieter ride, useable in winter / snow, as capable on track as the Elise and carries SWMBO, 2 golfbags, 2 carts, plus luggage. Lovely!

I loved my Elise, but I miss absolutly nothing about it. I guess if I had to choose something it'd be not being able to take the roof off, but the pleasure of the Evora more than makes up for not being able too.

Went from an exige to an evora... only miss taking the roof off....otherwise it's soo much better...can't believe how cheap they are!!! Encroaching into top end Elise prices:-)