free hit
counters
My latest build project, can you guess? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My latest build project, can you guess?

OwenGT3

I've been really busy the last six months, but am nearly finished, so I thought I would post some teaser images of my latst build project. It's being made for this years Norwich Lord Mayor's parade and will hopefully be a awesome sight.

Any guesses?

5830499442_2b7644dd6f_z.jpg5830501532_258c9bb6dc_z.jpg

5804206748_638d50e8d2_z.jpg

That's not me painting by the way, one of my helpers ;)

Owen

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like the door to the blast generator off number 3. And thats obviously a walker top. Is it a float of said Battle outside the shield Generator?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Guessed right.

It's Endor battle, over 3 metre high AT-ST and replica bunker, all designed and built by myself, but with some assistance now, as it's getting quite large to work with!

Perhaps the only one in the UK, I don't know of any others.

I will post more pics as it's done.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

• 3 weeks later...

Thats excellent Owen - how powerful are the plasma-watt rifles?

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Hi, Just some pictures from Lord Mayor's parade day last Saturday. Nearly didn't happen as the float truck decided to break down, but it got sorted by having another truck tow the truck and float trailer, so an extra long float!

The weather held off and stayed Sunny, everyone had a brilliant day who attended, but sadly we didn't win any prizes for five month of work. :(

The plan now is to modify it, maybe make the head turn, add the smoke machine and some speeder bikers, maybe make it walk! ;)

5925931162_28024ea6f3_z.jpg

5925355929_1a37937399_z.jpg

5925383905_516dbf7000_z.jpg

5925399815_ca1de3d50e_z.jpg

5925958418_cdaee0efe5_z.jpg

5925366255_5c20d724d8_z.jpg

5925339627_26ea627926_z.jpg

OwenGT3, on Flickr

Very cool. Is that a Honda petrol powered shield generator in the last pic? Oh, and is that bloke meant to be an Ewok? :huh:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Didn't you know Honda powered the shield generator, the power of dreams, got to have a reliable engine! :evil: It was for the rear facing amp and speakers. Yes he is an Ewok, just missing the head gear. He was very hot by the end, two hours with a rubber mask on! Other than a child, who wouldn't wear a costume like that for so long, he's the shortest guy in the club!

Someone turned up in a full size and functioning Millennium Falcon :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 years later...

Speaking of the Falcon. Who in the UK is signed up for this.

80+cms, high detail, fully lit, metal framed.  At 900 pounds, far cheaper than the same size master replicas.

Might be a while before being released in Oz.

http://shop.deagostini.co.uk/build-the-millennium-falcon-issue-1.html

deagostini.jpg

IMGP1149.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

it appears "Hans" had a little bit of "the Force" rub off on him for his dead stick landing at the golf course.

Injured, but survived.

http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/harrison-ford-plane-crash-not-his-first/547125/

Edited by comem47