free hit
counters
excel bonnet - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dunc

excel bonnet

I could do with a cheap and cheerful excel bonnet to try and squeeze in my underbonnet supercharger installation (excel bonnet doesnt dip like the elite/eclat one does and offers an extra inch of headroom)

If anyone has an old excel bonnet lying around that is cheap and cheerfull, please let me know. Paint condition is unimportant as I'll probably have to graft in a bulge, as long as it is in one piece.

D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, I know they will have one, but I'm not up in Oxfordshire that often.

Thought I would ask if anyone has an old one lying around somewhere.

Won't need it for a while as I still haven't bought the carb hat.

D

Hi Dunc,

I've got one you can have for free once I've finished with it - it's on my car as a temp measure as it closes with the V8 whereas the eclat one doesn't so will need a bulge around the throttle assembly. But there are a couple of problems:.

One problem you will have is that because it is higher in the middle front, when you open the bonet the front lip catches on the body above the radiator. So I took a bit off the bonnet to get it to open and close properly.

Also the lines at the back aren't in line with the eclat body, so it looks a bit odd - this would need some work to make it blend in to look right.

But yes it is about 15-20mm higher in the middle at a guess.

Cheers, Mat.

The other problem is I'm not sure when I'm going to be finished with it as bodywork is the last thing on the list to do. If the car will pass an MOT with the excel bonnet it may be on for a while.

Thanks Matt, will probably take you up on that. No hurry as I'm still collecting the bits. I've only just got round to removing the blower off the donor engine.

Still miles away from thinking about fitting things.

D