free hit
counters
Protech adjustable dampers - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
qwerty123

Protech adjustable dampers

Has anyone got any experience of SJSportcars supplied Protech adjustable dampers?

Mine are leaking and old and I'm on the hunt for quality replacements (on a budget). These seem good and I've read up on whats available but the Lotus ones are simply exorbitant. I know they did the development work etc but I simply can't afford them so.

Opinions anyone?

http://www.sjsportscars.co.uk/index.php?mod=10

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A lot of people on here do not like them, I have them on the rear of mine (fitted by previous owner) and have had no problems. I would add I am no expert and i'm also no armchair Jenson Button.

Ta for the quick reply, what do people not like about them? Did you notice any difference to the originals?

I run them on my car, as a product they are excellent. As regards Protech, the staff seem to believe the world ends at Dover, I have NEVER managed to get a response from them.

On setup, I maintain that these shocks benefit from a brief bedding period with the settings at zero, this is based on my personal experience rather than any confirmation from Protech. Gradually work your way up from there, finding the feel that you like and suites your driving style. If you maintain the standard springs you will likely end up about mid settings.

I bought the Protech's. Initially I had problems but that was mainly due to the springs that SJ supplied were way too soft. I put the original springs back on with the Protechs and they are OK now, not had a problem with them.

Hi Folks,

I have fitted Protech front shocks & springs, my problem has been in trying to wind up the pre-load on the springs, the adjsuters are on a fairly coarse thread - they are very difficult to wind up even when jacked up, the aluminium rings drag on the springs badly. Any Ideas?

A bit of WD40 or similar on the platform will help the springs slip more easily, and as above spring compressors to reduce the load on the platform while you do it.