free hit
counters
Hethel tour - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hethel tour

Hi all

I am looking to do a trip to US and UK end of this year .

I thought it would be great to see Hethel at that time.

How easy is it to get in at Lotus and how would i go about it ..?

Richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Interesting . UK 39 pounds ($62) to tour the factory !!! Did one always have to pay about this amount? What it says is included seems to be a walk through the process like any other factory tour. Once upon a time GM tours were free, but I see it's $7 per adult at the Corvette factory these days. Just sayin' ..... :ermm:

Dunno Rich....you have agreed with me a few times. They may charge you double!! :whistle:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Dunno if they still do it, but last year I did a "Scare Yourself Sensible" driving experience with one of my sons and part of that includes a Factory Tour. It was a Saturday. There were people there that day that were just doing the factory tour and I think from memory it was about £33 or so then so not gone up much. However I would also say it is a much more up close and personal type tour you get as able to get very close as the factory was shut down as weekend at the time. You are not kept well back behind barriers miles from anything. I have also done the tour when factory was working and in smaller (non paying) group but probably had in many ways a lesser tour as obviously working and you cannot get in the way of the process. If you are a Lotus fan as obviously are, I do not think you will come away feeling ripped off.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Allan , Thanks for the info. I'm sure if I was visiting the UK I would pay the piper but wondered why is wasn't more like £10.

Unfortunately for me my last visit to the UK was in '89 and while I went to the Donnington Lotus event and had a great time, I was told the factory was closed to tours then due to changeover for the M100. Don't know with current finances that i'll make it back again, but at least I know to check in advance for the current price and availability.

-Bob

I would have thought that actually owning a Lotus might have entitled one to a substantial discount. The last time I toured the factory it was FREE :thumbsup:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Well, since they want $78 for a T-shirt, I'm not surprised at all.

Not at the factory store, though. I bought two polos, a t-shirt, and a key fob all for 29 quid a few weeks ago. Everything is 60% off right now! :thumbup: Might check before doing a driving thing, though, as the track was only half open due to some construction.

Pity you can't take pics unless on a "VIP" :rolleyes: tour, though, the whole process has been televised and there were a few unique paint schemes going down the line that I would have liked to snap. (stripes, carbon look-alikes, masked Elise, the matte Exiges, etc) :D

Might check before doing a driving thing, though, as the track was only half open due to some construction.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-legends-open-new-hethel-test-track/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It was a 'shivers down your spine' kind of day, great fun! :D

Evora NA

Yeah I bet,I love the Essex era cars and to see Mansell behind the wheel of the 81B would have sent my camera into melt down,I would have had pics of Mansell walking up to the car ,away from the car,driving the car and even if he was picking his nose near the car I would have got it,what more can i say :unworthy::shuriken: