free hit
counters
Heater valve location / operation - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Heater valve location / operation

Here's one - just doign the coolant and noticed I'm not getting the full amount of liquid out when draining.

Tried blowing down the pipes and noticed the heater matrix is 'blocked'

Checked the control and its broken on the dash - repaired and modified it so it wont break again but the pipe is still very very tough to blow down.

2 possible issues

1) more than likely the matrix is blocked (possibly for a reason, ie it's leaking)

2) the thermostat valve operated by the bowden cable isnt being operated and stuck in 'cold' setting preventing flow

Car's never really got hot hot so I'm thinking either one of those issues is a dead cert.

Been under the dash etc and lost the cable behind the heater assembly

Question : any tricks to see whether the valve is operating so I can rule it out. I would use force or some kinda release agent in the matrix but its a bit silly if it's just the valve.

The bowden cable DOES spring back if you over push it, but thats not conclusive enough for me.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic