free hit
counters
Homelink - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haven't dealt with it in a long time, Ritchie, but IIRC your receiver (usually attached to the garage door opener motor) should have some form of label indicating a specific button to push to put the receiver into "learn" mode. You then have X number of minutes to hop in the car and perform it's specific procedure (using your handheld remote) to have the car's transmitter synchronize with the receiver's "rolling code," which it (the car's transmitter) should then retain. It's a true "smoke and mirrors" affair, but usually works as advertised. Your Evora's reluctance to link up with the receiver is quite puzzling, and may or may not involve some sort of "compatibility" issue.

Hang in there! :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See THIS THREAD Homelink should be able to advise on compatibility with your door (which might save you the hours of swearing I went through). If there is an issue, their bridge will provide the

Posted Images

Hi Richie,

It's just as John says - I programmed my gates the other week to work with homelink and I had exactly the same symptoms as you. After a bit of googling it turns out that the slow flashes followed by the quick flashes from the homelink means it's been programmed to the the right frequency, but now needs to have the rolling code sync'd up.

For my gates I hunted around in the gate controller's menu to put them in program mode and then had to hit the homelink button for a second or two and hey presto!

The only disappointment is that the range of the homelink is pretty poor so you have to be close to the gates to open them (and probably close to program the rolling code...)

4.30 AM; dumb Ritchie is in the garage and tries to set the homelink... and I think: my problem is the "range"... the garage is too wide. The motor for the garage door is in the middle of it on the roof. So: from the outside too far away to be in reach. But I still have some hours to go. Raise the flag and drink the 4th coffee ...

Just read this post again after months not looking at it. I will have to try again once back home. I've had 2 Evoras and have 2 different doors and have never yet had any combination work. I must have spent some 2 hours total playing over 4 sessions but gave up. Some of the new info above may tempt me into trying again. I'll take the Diazepam first though.....

Ritchie I see we have the same Evo-tastic choice in cars....... Which Evoque is it matching the Evora? I have the 2.0L Turbo petrol Dynamic. We both love it.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

"... and I think: my problem is the "range"..."

Ritchie, this is a longshot, and not meant to be taken the wrong way, but have you considered replacing the batteries in the handheld remote. I recently had an issue with what might have been seen as some form of failure in my remote (kept in a vehicle that does not have "homelink" installed), as it was becoming progressively more reluctant to work as adverstised. Once I put in a fresh set of batteries it worked like a champ. Just a thought.

Most remotes (including the car's transmitter) typically have quite good range. I can activate my garage door long before turning into the driveway if I want to. I realize that the "range" you are referring to is the car's, not necessarily the handheld remote, but it's at least possible that the "synchronizing" process requires the remote to "talk" to the car's homelink transmitter at the same time that it talks to the (more distant) garage door motor's receiver. How far away can you be using the handheld only and still have it open the door?

• 2 weeks later...

@iconic: i have to be in front of the garagedoor, about 2meters. Then the remotecontroller with new batteries works. I flew to Mauritius for 10 days to recover the homelinksyndrom...

@Al. : I have the 2.0 petrol Evoque. But it is a unique piece built for exhibitions only. What I would never do again, caus all is handmade extra and any replace creates a chaos. (Check the Startech-homepage; its the white one with the QR code on the roof and white seats inside) absolute fine car, but the Evora stays on top. Yes...you cant compare those 2 cars...even my Evoque has NO homelink, caus they made a new roof on Alcantara. Almost this problem I dont have with Range.

" i have to be in front of the garagedoor, about 2meters. Then the remotecontroller with new batteries works."

That is very surprising. The handheld remote should have much greater range than that. If it is in fact that limited, then perhaps you can try the "learn" procedure with the car actually parked in the garage...i.e., as close to the door receiver as possible. It's worth a shot. But you'll have to leave room for a ladder to reach the "learn button" on the receiver.

Most garage door opener systems come with two remotes. If yours did, then I assume you've tried both transmitters? It's at least possible that the "short range" remote is defective, so a replacement remote (from the point of sale) might also be worth a look. Would the dealer from which you purchased the system lend you one to try? (they would have to know the frequency settings on your specific unit, of course, so bring the existing remote with you...heck, they may even be able to test it on the spot) I'd also like to hear their take on a "2 meter range" remote. :hope:

I have successfully programmed the Homelink to my HomeEnty and my EINHELL remote.

While the HomeEntry was quick & easy, it took quite a while with the EINHELL (ca. 10 y old)

I had to locate the Evora just under the main unit and used the learn-button 4-5 times before the Homelink was recognized. Ritchie, what make is yours? have you visited the homelink page http://www.homelink.com/program yet?

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I visited all sites. And I tried all different tipe of treatments. Evora under the machine, in the garage, out of the garage, new battery in the remote controller, all cars out, all cars in. My neighbors think... I dont know what they think,but it must look a bit curious.

The doormachineproducer (I have a SOMFY) said, that he will pass by and check it by himself. But they told me, that there are some "missconnected Homelinker" in their clientship. Lets see what the Guru finds out. The point is also that my garagedoor is isolated against the cold from outside. This could be as effective, that I really can open the door when I am nearby only.

Anyhow, the Evora runs like hell, the longer the better. nearly 65'000 KM done.

Anyhow, the Evora runs like hell, the longer the better. nearly 65'000 KM done.

:thumbsup:

Ciao,

JB

THE SOLUTION IS FOUND !

I had a talk with the mechanic man of the producer of my garagedoor. It is easy. Homelink is a Company which offers this system the Evora has. Now, Homelink asked all garagedooropenerproducers to participate with the Homelink System by paying an entryfee. This fee is around USD 100.000 per Company. So, if the dooropener producer pays, he will be introduced into the Homelink System. And my producer, SOMFY, did not. So it is technically not possible, to link the Homelink with a SOMFY Garagedooropener.

Ha! Fantastic. So I already know, that I am not so dumb as I thought. I thank all the people here who supported me all these weeks throu the procedure. May the doors gone open althou.

So, the rascals at Homelink appear to have some sort of embedded code in their device that has to be unlocked for a fee. Why did the scrooges at SOMFY not pay up? Have you gotten them to do so, or must you now install a new opener from a company that has?

At least you now know what the issue is. :cheers:

I would rather say that you have to pay the fee so the guys at Homelink could be bothered to to implement the code into their system. :huh:

Somfy is offering a working system which can be used with their remotes. Homelink should do their best that their system can work with as many manufacturers as possible...

THE SOLUTION IS FOUND !...

Ritchie, I don't think that the story of the guy you talked to sounds very plausible... Maybe he is just making something up to present some explaination to you

Ciao,

JB

they told me, that there is a upgradekit to make it run...about Euro 300 etc etc. I am sick of all and bought a third remotecontroler which I will have in the car and finish with this never ending roofpushing. thanks to all for helping. Finally I want to drive the car and not to push buttons. Ritchie

and you drive it so well Ritchie!

I just wish I had a garage our Evora would fit into..... maybe if I push all the buttons it will build me one, in the meantime I have bought a Covercraft car cover..... will the buttons make that work automatically :huh:

Only if you purchased the Totally Automated Rain Protection option, Gary. :D

• 5 years later...
  • Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Homelink - auto garage opening - meh. Waste of money.

Something I miss in the 400. Pain in the bum having to use the key fob remotes. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

35 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Homelink - auto garage opening - meh. Waste of money.

(Now i have got it working) i feckin LOVE this feature on the evora. 😎

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Meh. Have a little cubby tray under the dash in the 410 and just put my fob there.

FFS - how hard is it to do that or put the fob in the door pocket.

Spend the 500 quid you save on 300 litres of fuel and go drive. Bet that'd be more fun than pushing a plastic button in the roof ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

8RpsPwm.jpg

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Meh. Have a little cubby tray under the dash in the 410 and just put my fob there.

FFS - how hard is it to do that or put the fob in the door pocket.

Spend the 500 quid you save on 300 litres of fuel and go drive. Bet that'd be more fun than pushing a plastic button in the roof ;)

Sorry Andy - you appear to have mistaken me for someone that doesnt drive a motherfunkin lotus 😎

Edited by mik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a homelink in my old car... never used it.

Now I live in a different house and don’t have Homelink but have two separate remotes for the gates and garage door that slide around, are scratched and look tacky.

I like Lotus’s attention to detail with Homelink.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

You can always retrofit it if you like.

@mik I can assure you it weighs more than your fob. Colin woukd never approve....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!