free hit
counters
Homelink - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone use the Homelink system fitted to their Evora?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See THIS THREAD Homelink should be able to advise on compatibility with your door (which might save you the hours of swearing I went through). If there is an issue, their bridge will provide the

Posted Images

could somebody explain it in easy words for a dumb human beeing ?

I tryed all possibilities, with 2, with 3 fingers, with help of thirds... no way.

I have my Evora since 1 1/2 years and I am so proud of these 3 buttons up there...

This?

post-1-0-41780800-1308991554_thumb.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Mine works fine now.

I couldn't get it to work initially so had to phone the help desk only to discover the car had been delivered with a European set up and not UK. A few presses of buttons later and it was set up for UK and I was then able to programme it to open and close our car park gates at work. I need 1 button to open the entrance gate and 2 to close it and 3 to open the exit.

Have never been able to get it work on either set of doors (Different era mechanisms) Gave up after about a total of an hour cursing and just use the hand helds'. Recently have spoken again to dealer about it and he has come up with another cunning plan that may work when I have the time to try. Unplug the door controllers for at least 30 mins before plugging back in and trying to set them up again with the car. Once I have tried that I will revert with a post. The other thing I now read about Brian's being set up wrongly makes me wonder as well.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 1 year later...

Took me five minutes and two tries to learn the garage door remote. Works like a treat. :clap:

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I use the Homelink on my wife's Sequoia all the time. Which button do I push to turn it into an Evora?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

You need to hold the two outer buttons until they start blinking, close your eyes and - Hey, presto! :smoke:

Ciao,

JB

Another thing which I found helps is knowing that the sensor to sync the handsfree is 6 inches back from the buttons. When I placed the opener there, it took seconds to sync up :)

PS Jimmi, you got an Evora? :D :D :D

Evora NA

PS Jimmi, you got an Evora? :D :D :D

Could not fight against it any longer... :D

Ciao,

JB

Get in the pics thread, they look great in black :thumbsup:

Evora NA

You need to hold the two outer buttons until they start blinking, close your eyes and - Hey, presto! :smoke:

I did just what you said, Jimmy, and whadda' ya know, it worked! Problem is, I keep running into things unless I open my eyes, and then the whole effect reverts back to "tank commander" status. :lol:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Yup, head after from the buttons with your remote and you'll find the sweet spot! I'll try and get a pic! :)

Evora NA

17_03medium.gif

Item 2 - Ribbon is 90mm and centre of the buttons to centre of the module is 125mm to give you an idea!

:thumbup: Jimbo

Evora NA

Ritchie, what make is your garage door opener? Have you tried the learn function of the receiver?

Ciao,

JB

I tryed everyting... I am dreaming of this thing. I have an ordinary remotecontroller and the Evora knops blink slowly and fast and slowly. blinky blinky... but nothing happens. The door stays closed (or open). what is a "learn function" on the receiver? Maybee I have to learn. I put the remotecontroller on my head. Maybe this helps... and my mouth opens.