free hit
counters
Mark Webber to LRGP? - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Mark Webber to LRGP?

Bibs

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see why Webber would want to go to a midfield team?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

While Webber is a decent driver, he seems to have trouble with starts (several occasions). One must also take into account he's got the best car/team at his disposal. My own personal opinion is there are other drivers that given the same car would do as well if not better. (many with less have dome quite well at starting only to fall back because of the Red Bull dominance).

Agree with those sentiments, although his best bet must be to extend with Red Bull until 2013, when they may look to Hamilton to replace him? Red Bull super team?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Mark Webber is an awesome driver! :)

Really?

To me he's a mid field driver whos lucky to be in with the best team.

Stick him in with LRGP and it will, I fear, help push them further backwards, atleast we'd then see a fair fight between TL & LRGP....

I just can't see any team with MW in it getting anywhere fast!

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

While Webber is a decent driver, he seems to have trouble with starts (several occasions). One must also take into account he's got the best car/team at his disposal. My own personal opinion is there are other drivers that given the same car would do as well if not better. (many with less have dome quite well at starting only to fall back because of the Red Bull dominance).

But can Red Bull run two top drivers? It seems to me if any car has problems in Red Bull it's usually MW's. :innocent:

I reckon Webber would bring a lot more to Renault than Petrov and Heidfeld, plus he'd be a good measure of how strong Kubica would be on his return, not to mention bringing a huge amount of technical and operational knowledge with him.

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I'd have to agree, whilst on his day he's fast, he just doesn't seem able to string it together.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Anyone know the "dynamic" between Vettel and Hamilton? If Webber departs and Hamilton is his replacement (as the article implies), will the two compliment each other as team players, or will Hamilton's occasional hissy fits muck up the works? If anything, Vettel has mellowed out from his earlier personna. Can Hamilton accept Vettel's current dominance any better that Webber has?

And, as alluded to above, it's anyone's guess as to how much of any given driver's race results are a function of his driving abilities vs the car's performance capabilities. The movement of Webber to LRGP would be a valid test of which of the two factors has the greatest influence. Of course luck is always a player as well.

It would really be interesting to drop Mr. Shoe into a Red Bull for a race or two, just to see what might happen. Love him or hate him, the man's got talent, even at his "advanced" age. And as long as I'm hypothesizing, why not let each driver take a turn with a Red Bull chassis during a qualifying run. That would be a real data base to work from.

Nevah hoppin, G.I. :getmecoat:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this weekend's team orders may push Webber closer to LRGP, if the Kubica seat remains vacant next season...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Have LRGP got their finances straight? This talk of Renault not being paid for engines might not make the seat sound good, even if they offered a pot of gold, the money is only good if paid

I think those sort of rumours are always prevalent in this level of sports, I'm sure LRGP aren't going bust anytime soon :)

Evora NA

Maybe but the Renault/Williams deal is interesting, they may just end up being the works team.

With Renault gone what would that leave? I can't see Genii in it for the long haul, especially if Kubica doesn't return and sort the team out. That would leave DB pretty much restarting the team from scratch, meanwhile over atTeam Lotus... :innocent:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

With Renault gone what would that leave? I can't see Genii in it for the long haul, especially if Kubica doesn't return and sort the team out. That would leave DB pretty much restarting the team from scratch, meanwhile over atTeam Lotus... :innocent:

If the rumours are true and Genii are struggling to pay the bills, GL haven't got a hope in hell of being able to afford running a team

Anyway, Webber may not be coming to Renault after all:

Red Bull boss Mateschitz says Webber will stay on next year

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz says there are absolutely no doubts that Mark Webber will stay with the outfit next year, even after the team orders controversy.

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Does anybody involved in this RLGP thing actually have any real money?

The Cheques in the Post

Having run my own business for 35 years I have learned that the more someone tells me "money is not a problem" but doesnt actually seem able to pay me for work done, the more I tend to worry.

Having been involved in Motorsports for longer than I care to remember, I tend to find "rumours" of money problems within teams normally are started by suppliers and employees not being paid for their services who are the first in the food chain.

Traditionally the teams in F1 with the best funding usually have a main sponsor whos product has a high profit margin i.e. Cigarettes, Booze, Soft Drinks,A Bank, Motor oil or Petrol.

Besides Total on the LRGP , I see none of the above.

Edited by billy fish
SUNP0003-1.jpg

well thank god to see a Driver not a poser ,he wants to win and id say he would ditch vettel if given a chance ,when the reds go out you dont take prisoners ,i remember his overturning at the nuremburgh ring and i think had he known Vettel got the update that arrived before he re-signed he would have been harder to sign a contract or look towards another team ,I remember the late Tom Herron riding a works suzuki in Argentina and out qualifying Sheene he happened to walk back in to the tent and his engine was being taken out for Barry he lifted a shifting spanner and was going to kill all around him needless to say he kept his set up, its difficult to know where mark would go with his age and he needs to be number one driver