free hit
counters
Lotus at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed

I agree 100% with the above two posts.

The more I see the new Esprit concept, the less appeal it has for me.

Considering its aimed at the money is no object crowd , it really is somewhat bland and ordinary when compared to say the Lamborghini Aventador which without doubt is one exciting car in the styling department.

Unless they are prepared to radically overhaul the styling on the Esprit by the time it comes into production, they wont have a hope of making the new business plan a success.

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP700-4-side-view.jpg

Really? Really? I thought the Aventador look like a re-hashed version of the Revention a Murci with a body kit or otherwise - crap, Sorry my brother loved it at the GFOS but i thought it looked old and crap, at least 10 years old (sorry but it did and the body style was very used, they should have tried for a more dynamic future not a re-hash). of the whole event the only 2 cars looked good were the Esprit and he Mclaren MP4 12-c

Way better than the lambo crap....Sory but a big fan of Lambo's but was expecting much more (not a Murci with sharper edges)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the Aventador (better than Murci) but I think the Esprit, Elite, and Elan show cars make that and the Porsche 918 look immediately dated!

And I did get to see the new Lotus show cars in the Lotus design Studio. Really liked the interior of the Elite! Couldn't sit in the Esprit solid model though.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Speakers up :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

that should have come with a health warning Bibs! :o

(ears still ringing from standing ther e on Sunday).

Dave.

Guest surferphil

The McLaren GT car was the nicest GT/Super car there.

I was particularly impressed by the Range rover stand and the Mercedes stand which was huge and a lovely statement on who Mercedes are as a motor car company.

I was not so impressed by the Lotus stand and felt that the star of the stand was the 10 year old Lotus Esprit which as a piece of design out shone all 3 newer models on the stand. It also had a crowd around it which none of the other cars had.

I walked away wanting a 10 year old Esprit next and maybe an XKR in the near future.

DSC05337.jpg

Merc.jpg

Juke.jpg

Ford.jpg

BRG.jpg

CAMEL.jpg

DSC05306.jpg

DSC05301.jpg

Mercedes.jpg

DSC05520.jpg

Links to my albums, nothing arty here just some instant car snap shots.

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/philwaymouth/Nice%20Sports%20Cars/McLaren%2012C/'>http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/philwaymouth/Nice%20Sports%20Cars/McLaren%2012C/

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/philwaymouth/Nice%20Sports%20Cars/

I too am not a fan of the new shape Esprit - too flashy maybe? The white V8 looks amazing though, I wish there were some more pictures of that. I can't understand why we need a redesign when the V8 doesn't seem to need much improvement imo.

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-ceo-dany-bahar-spotted-with-new-esprit/

^ More pictures. TLF had the car on display at the NEC Classic Car Show last year too, we started the whole 'all white' thing everyone wants to copy nowadays :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-ceo-dany-bahar-spotted-with-new-esprit/

^ More pictures. TLF had the car on display at the NEC Classic Car Show last year too, we started the whole 'all white' thing everyone wants to copy nowadays :D

Thanks Bibs, stunning! :P

The all white theme is cool.

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

Goodwood Festival Of Speed 2011

Today on ITV4 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm

Steve Rider and Amanda Stretton explore the vast and fun-filled Goodwood Festival of Speed with special guests from the worlds of Formula 1, Moto GP and many more. The programme also includes a celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Indy 500 with this year's winner, Dan Wheldon. SUB

Dave.

Here are mine. Please excuse the terrible shots, I forgot my SLR and took these with my pants camera phone.

Great to see the Probe 16 at last and the BMW Turbo, what a great design for a 39 year old car. Didn't know what to make of William Town's E Type concept though.

DSC03469.jpg

DSC03464.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03462.jpg