free hit
counters
oh great now what - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

oh great now what

i cannot retrive any codes from my 93.5 se .

the cel is on as is the fan fail is on but all three fans work . i have power and ground and 5 v at the aldl but no flash codes or freescan data

help

car also decided now not to start . and has been in limp mode all week .. sometimes cutting in and out on road

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but there's a solid chance you've got a fried ECU, I'm assuming the fans are on as soon as you try to start the car. I'm not saying you've caused the problem but you're not meant to drive it with a CEL too, it's called limp home mode so you can limp home, not drive it all week.

Can you try a known good ECU in the car?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

yea i was limping home ... i live in canada car was in Arizona ... was a band new ecu i had fried original on factory injectors . i put in rc units then a new ecu and then made my way home . car went into limp within a 100 miles but i was commited at that point . so its home but yea i am really hoping thats not the case . because what ever fried the ecu will still be in there and i am not going to put another ecu in if it will just cook again .

the more i get into the runnings of this car the more DPO i find .. i am going to scrap the entire lotus managment system and go with a modern stand alone .. As parts become harder and harder to find . and i am making a complete new harness anyways ..