free hit
counters
ok well here goes the old in with the new .,.. - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

ok well here goes the old in with the new .,..

I am in a situation with my esprit where it is not worth attempting to make the old gm managment work ... so i am going to change it over to a stand alone .... i need to know how many teeth the trigger wheel is so i can tell if i need to build a wheel or i can make the existing unit work

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every where i turn in this car the dpo has raped the existing systems . i have built many cars and this one is my fav and i just dont like trying to fix such a mess . so building a new harness and incorporating a newer management system in a car i plan on keeping for years is a very comforting idea for me . i could find the issue eventually but it would take more time and i perfer not to invest in a aged system

The Lotus GM engine management is actually pretty good! It's easy to trouble shoot, if you read the manual and go about it methodically!

Also, most of the parts are very easy to get a hold of, and pretty cheap (except the ABS and the memcal).

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED......

So i had asumed that the original ecu was no good after it was only running two of the four inj. so along with new rc units i installed a new computer . turns out the new ecm was faulty the whole time . installed the old ecm and voilla awsome car .