free hit
counters
Powderham - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Powderham

mayevora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May do... We had been thinking of going to Yeovilton Air Day but have gone luke warm on that. Outside car event really needs a nice day to be fun so will wait a bit on the forecast before committing! I'm guessing Sunday not Sat?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I can do Sat but from around 1.30pm onwards but Sunday would be preferable ie any time.

Also agree re weather though. At the moment Sat and Sun are both dry and warm.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I had to laugh last time I went to this event about 3 years ago. I went along with one of my daughters and picked up a mate on the way there.

We qued up and instead of paying individually to get in, we were given a cheaper entrance (family) as we came under the heading 'modern family unit' lol.

Peter do you want to play Mum or Dad? and I draw the line at hand holding. ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hmmm...only time I've been to this event also about 3 years ago (!?) I was meeting family members there, but found various roads closed by the police. As I had my trusty Tomtom I was able to follow endless single track back roads and eventually got to where I knew it must be but no car park or event signs anywhere. In the end parked up on a side road and walked into the park to see a few traction engines being put onto low loaders and some surprisingly little used portaloos. It was the year there was a fatal rta on the road outside which they shut for so long that the organisers cancelled the gig on the Sat morning! When I finally got through to "the boys" they were already in the five bells having lunch. Took me another 40 minutes to get there so I even missed that! Haven't been tempted back since - so I hope its good.

Anyway, looking at the programme, I think I'll be more interested in the cars than the steam stuff and they're on first at 10:35. So I'll try and get there for about 10:15 - mobile in hand. Ok?

Flipping steam stuff doing 2mph holding me up even today! Aahh! Doesn't do much for me I'm affraid.

Bring on some nice motors though. saw lots of classics, a DeLorean, and a Lambo on route that direction early today.

Be there 10.15 tomorrow. Have your mobile number Mike. Tried to txt Peter to see if he still fancies it but must have changed his number. Think I have an old number.

Had a great day today with Ian and Becky - Powderham well worth a visit for a couple of hours or so. Having said that it was very disappointing to witness such a dearth of Lotus at a large classic show. Apart from our M100 in the car park, there was just a sparkling new Cortina Mk1

IMG_5754.jpg

An Elan Sprint

IMG_5768.jpg

And and M100 S2 in an auction compound

IMG_5774.jpg

But lots of interesting cars to gawp at:

IMG_5771.jpg

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5755.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

And Becky managed to find a good ride aswell

IMG_5783.jpg

There's a few more pics here for the terminally bored

Thanks Mike. I won't post my pics - yours put mine to shame lol.

• 1 month later...

38th Crash Box club of Devon Gathering??? Blimey....we were at the second, iirc, with a TR3A.....still got the tankard somewhere!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.