free hit
counters
Cholmondeley Pageant of Power - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power

Gentlemen,

This months sortie sees us visiting Cholmondeley Castle just north of Whitchurch.

You have pre-ordered your admission tickets and will be displaying your Esprits on the Club Lotus Cheshire site.

All display cars must be inside the venue BEFORE 8am when the gates open for Joe Public. Cheshire Police will also be closing the access road at the same time.

To enable to arrive on time we MUST leave the Gingerbread Man in Market Drayton by 7.30am to avoid those road and gate closures. I'm aiming to get to the Gingerbread Man around 7.20am.

I will be travelling in my day car to the Gingerbread Man. If anyone has a spare seat going I'll leave my car at the pub. If not, I'll park up in the public car park at Cholmondeley and wander over to the Club Lotus stand.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us :thumbsup:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice early start.... Anyone from my way.. want to meet at RAF Cosford first and travel to the gingerbread man in convoy .. Plus how many are we...

Hi Graham,

How much are tickets to get in and where about is it?

I might be able to come along.

David Walters

Nige. I'll take that spare seat then matey ........... thanks :thumbsup:

Dave Lisle. We are 3 Esprits ( You, Nige and Ade Heath )

Dave Walters. Just north of Whitchurch Dave. Ticket prices vary. Entrance for car and driver on the day is £20. If you want Paddock entrance then that's extra. Be good to see you there.

Graham

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Ok chum no worries

Dave mate,Ive just done a route planner and the M6 is 1hr 6mins and rugeley Stone way is 1hr 10mins,so I think I will take one of those routes,thanks all the same mate :thumbup:

Have you got a post code for the Gingerbread man please :shuriken:

Nige,

If you decide to do the A51 Rugeley/Stone route let me know. I live in Stone so I'll jump in there rather than the Gingerbread Man.

Graham

Nige,

I'll meet you on the Stone House Hotel car park. The hotel is easy to find.

At the end of the A51 you meet the A34. Go right towards Newcastle-under-Lyme and the hotel is immediately on your left.

What time do you think you'll be there?

Gingerbread Man is about 25 mins away so 6.50am would be ok

Graham

Best bring wellies & sou'westers by the looks of things :thumbdown:

Oh, if anyone as a spare Ark ( with or without 2 of each creature ) could they bring that too. I'm sure it'll come in handy :lol:

32 mins in a Model T Ford maybe.

It's about 15 miles. Empty roads. Supercar.

Need I say more

I'll be 5 mins earlier at the Hotel, so 6.45am rather than 6.50am.

With my expert navigation, we'll have no problems :whistle:

See you shortly.

At the moment, the wellies and sou'wester are definitely over-kill :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed for the rest of the day

Too wet for polite comment.

Much to see and do. The Arbarth girls were particularly pleasing on the eye

The day was such a complete wash out ( British summer ) that Nige and myself left at 2pm

I'm going to suggest that next year they hold it in March ( remember how warm & dry March was ) or move it to one of the Greek islands :sofa:

Met some nice folk at Lotus Drivers Club. And thanks to Club Lotus Cheshire for letting us gate-crash their party.

Donington next month. Guess it'll be snowing.

What a wash out, this is the third year we have been and the third it has rained, the organisers should take heed. Didn't even get the camera out it was that bad. The only high spots were looking around the paddock and fish & chips washed down with a pint of Black Sheep.