free hit
counters
A few updates... - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• I've added Google Custom Search Engine to the home page, it now searches the news, the forums and the classifieds.
  • I've added a secondary navigation under the main navigation on the news site allowing easier access to hot topics.
  • I've made the forums visible to guests on advice from my pal Ted. I'll run this for a month and see how it affects registration numbers, visitors, views and anything else.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm looking at a post and it doesn't have a big pink arrow?  

I think it has been discussed before but is there a possibility of adding a "like" feature as per Facebook does? Just sometimes I want to show my support for a post but don't really have enough to say

^no?

Posted Images

• Changed the background to LRG

Thoughts?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Not so good IMHO.

Makes the site look less pro.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I've made the forums visible to guests on advice from my pal Ted.

I think that's a great idea because a lot of people I talk to don't know about TLF. Were all the posts indexed by Google before you did that, or only since?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Before. Search engines use the 'basic account' permissions to view the forum plus there are a number of sitemaps. Google Webmaster tells me there are over 500k urls from TLF in their index right now :)

Evora NA

Grr, etc :)

Evora NA

The Black and Green is still my preferred option over them all. Be interesting to see how the changes stimulate growth?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 8 months later...

IPB have just released 3.3.0 so I'm updating the site now, apologies in advance if I break it :)

Evora NA

:cat:

What's new...

What's new in IP.Board 3.3

In addition to this list there are countless other minor improvements and changes based on client feedback too numerous to mention. IP.Board 3.3 was all about polish so we hope you enjoy it.

Archive System: New feature to archive off topics to remove post table overhead

Warning System: New more flexible feature replaces old warning system

SEO Update: 'Dead end' links, unfriendly error pages, metadata tags, bounce rates

SEO Update: Banned users

SEO Update: Duplicate title tags, profile tabs, skin and language selectors, direct links to posts

SEO Update: Microformat and Schema Updates

SEO Update: Changes to tags, guests and unread links, title tags, soft 404s and schema additions for ratings

Performance Updates: Improving topic markers, today's top posters, post table access

Auto-share on posting: Tweet and share to Facebook when creating a topic

Reputation Updates: Like/reputation updates on a user's profile

Miscellaneous Updates: Log-in autosave, emoticons in signatures, log in as a member, duplicate forum, system schedular as a CRON and more.

Applications and Hook Updates: Application ordering, hook list update, hook settings

Moderation Tools Updates: Hide/Delete/Soft Delete consolidation and interface updates

Evora NA

I'll look into this, I'm sure it's just a setting but the facility has never been used more than half a dozen times I'm sure and I think reporting users is a mod only option. I'm not sure if there would be any use in reporting a user above reporting a post since if you wished to report a user it would more than likely be about a post anyway?

All the same, if it's an emergency contact one of the mod team directly until I sort it out but I'll check the settings in the morning. :)

Evora NA

Well, whatever you did, it brought back my ability to bring up the window for "Show All" emoticons again. Have been reduced to using the colon and parenthesis keys for weeks (which, happily enough, produce an actual smiley when posted). Having access to the entire collection is a near necessity to ensure the intended "tone" of a particular post. :comp:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Spoke too soon it seems. Back to having intermittent access to the "Show All" collection.

Must be the cats.

Nothing has changed here John, it's a problem your end by the looks. Can you try a different browser, delete your cookie for TLF etc?

Evora NA

Totally agree, Bibs. It's mos def at my end. I still have the frequent "unable to sign out" glitch issue I brought up some time ago in another "tech thread." At that time I was reluctant to delete 100% of the cookies I'd acquired (some 2000 of them), as some of them were associated with financial sites (facilitating sign in to bank and IRA accounts, etc.), but I recently bit the bullet and did, in fact, completely delete all cookies. That was done in an effort to regain the emoticon access, but (to my surprise) it apparently didn't help. Nor did running a complete virus scan.

At this point I haven't a clue what's causing the problem(s), other than entropic accumulation of software "corruption errors." The last time I was able to successfully bring up the "Show All" window, I even left it open for the next sign in session (on one of those rare times I was able to actually sign out from the previous session), but it wouldn't "transfer" the emoticons to the new session.

I suppose I could try (per your suggestion) a different browser, but that brings into play the "old dog, new tricks" factor. It might be easier for me to "steal" smileys/emoticons from other sources using copy/paste old dog technology. :) Or I could learn the keystrokes needed to create them in the first place. But the existing TLF collection is hard to beat for convenience.

The whole conundrum is a real head scratcher.

Just install Chrome. It's no big deal to do or learn and will give you a better browsing experience to boot :)

Evora NA

It sounds to me like an over zealous pop up blocker, which should enable you to enter "Exceptions".

I have firefox pretty much locked down, Nuke proof, :nuke: which does leave me with a couple of sites that just won't function correctly, for them I have Chrome, which is good for quick browsing but not as functional as firefox, but nothing is perfect. :vava:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Yeah, the poop blocker was one of the first things I turned off to see what effect that action might have, Roger. No luck.

Ironically (it's currently on), in choosing to reply to your post, I have just had the rare good fortune to reacquire the "Show All" window, and can't pass up the chance to make use of it.

Wings Rule!

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

John, there's a problem with your setup, somewhere between the keyboard and the chair I think.

Everyone, you can now see 'warning points' on the left of your posts, that's always been there but it's been a small bar before. As long as it's on 0, you're ok. It's nothing new and nothing to worry about, just a change in how troublesome members can be dealt with.

Evora NA

I've hesitated to bring this up, but now feel it is my duty to inform fellow forum members that alien beings from the planet Emoticon have found a way to infiltrate my memory sticks in their initial reconnaissance visit to bring about Galactic dominance. It is now obvious that computer internal bays provide the warmth and electronic energy sources required for these advance scouts to survive our terrestrial environment, as they gather data on unsuspecting internet users and their contacts in their effort to ensure a successful invasion at a future date. It now seems certain that the recent issues and difficulties I have been experiencing with posts are a direct consequence of alien EMI creating havoc with my keyboard entries, and that it is only a matter of time before these highly evolved creatures find a way to migrate into my mind and cause mental behaviour that will undoubtedly be perceived as psychotic by others. I strongly urge fellow forum members to take adequate security precautions immediately, before it is too late. The fate of the Earth depends upon it. Be especially cautious about the discovery of "warning posts" appearing near your avatar, as this is an indication of impending action by the leader of the advance team to terminate your ability to engage in cooperative defensive responses to Emoticon's master Galactic Plan.

Courage! And conserve your precious bodily fluids.

Right. Sometimes the most obvious solution to a problem is right in front of you. If, once I'm signed in, I should be so lucky as to successfully bring up the "Show All" window, why not just leave that window (tab) "open" indefinitely? For that matter, why sign out at all? Job done. The idea of simply staying signed in all the time just seemed to come to me in an almost dreamlike, fuzzy way, as I sat, zombie like, staring at the GREE scre TINGS en. There was this almost uncontro EARTH PEOPLE llable urge to DO NOT BE ALARMED type WE COME IN whatever PEACE popped into WE MERELY WANT TO my STUDY mind. YOU It was as if I had lost WE OFFER OUR APOLOGIES my train of thou... FOR HAVING TO REPROGRAM ONE OF YOUR OWN, BUT IT WAS A NECESSARY ACTION TO ENABLE US TO BETTER COMMUNICATE WITH YOU. WE ARE NOW USING HIS BODY AND LAPTOP TO PERFORM THE IMPORTANT TASK OF TRANSLATING OUR LANGUAGE INTO YOURS. WE ASK THAT YOU KEEP YOUR COMPUTERS ON AT ALL TIMES, AND MONITOR THIS PAGE FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. DON'T PANIC.

John, there's a problem with your setup, somewhere between the keyboard and the chair I think.

Confirmed :lol:

Evora NA