free hit
counters
Top Gear - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Top Gear

Is T taking the P out of Meeeeeeeeeee ;)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Quote from my paper today. (re tomorrows Top Gear)

Clarkson - "Over the years, I have been terrified many times while in a piece of machinery. There was the F-15 fighter, the Class1 off-shore powerboat and the snowmobile which had a jet engine. Once I was in a chopper over Iraq and someone fired a heat-seeking missile at it. That definately loosened my bowles a bit. Then, tomorrow night on Top Gear, I drive a Formula One-style Lotus which was extremely alarming."

I take it from that the Exos gets it's Top gear outing. Wonder if the Stig gets a go as well? :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I thought it was a great one for Lotus last night...for once! I know its expensive but it seemed a pretty good package if you got that amount of cash! I think it could help Lotus sell some of these packages. The car looked fab and out classed Clarkson on every count!

Buddsy :thumbsup:

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I agree. The 70's cop montage had me cracking up, especially when the hotel door man opened his door for him and he Karate Chopped him. Hilarious.

I also now want one of those Jenson Interceptor thingies! 4.5 secs and the noise!! WOWSA!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Buddsy said : I thought it was a great one for Lotus last night...for once! I know its expensive but it seemed a pretty good package if you got that amount of cash! I think it could help Lotus sell some of these packages. The car looked fab and out classed Clarkson on every count!

I agree, the car made Clarkson look like an old fart, and as they couldn't test it because of the damp track Lotus will get a second showing when they do. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

I saw the second half last night and had to fast forward through the shite about the stupid demolition stuff...same as last week with the crap about the train idea!! Whats going on with top gear have they run out of ideas? I remeber Last of the summer wine used to be funny they you look back and think what a load of old rubbish, I get the feeling top gear maybe heading the same way?

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Every new series a bunch of people post that it looks like they have run out of ideas. Then they show a really great episode and everyone forgets about that.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

1.03,something, It was still dam fast :thumbsup:

I thought the Lambo looked good, the louvers over the engine reminded me of a car close to my heart :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Very surprised to see Ben Collins in a segment! It seemed he'd really, really, pissed Jeremy off.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

twatism.

My goal for tomorrow is to work that word in to a meaningful sentence, in conjunction with George Carlin's phrase, "pussification." Outstanding, and a word Chaucer should have whipped up..

Hammond is just window dressing for a 4 foot idiot who deserves a kick in the bollox.

He kills the show. Everything out of his mouth is a formulaic and unconvincingly cranky and scripted thorn in Clarkson's blatherings (which I generally like, which I guess makes me a twatist).

Actually, the implications of that variant of the phrase are not at all that bad.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Very surprised to see Ben Collins in a segment! It seemed he'd really, really, pissed Jeremy off.

Me too, noticed that he wasn't credited at the end of the show (mind you he will be used to that) but Tiff was on not so long ago so anything can happen!

Suspect this was down to his role with the ex Army guys and the BBC having to take that on the chin - there wasn't much raport between him and Hammond but they did at least acknowledge he used to be the Stig.

Edited by Nelly9000

Indeed. Generally a good one last night. Nice to see Mr Collins helping out the army guys for charity, though Hammond said they had organised it, I suspect he may already have been put in place before Top Gear got involved, otherwise they would have put their new stig in surely?

I really do struggle to see why they dislike him so much! I bet you 100% that after any one of the current 3 presenters leaves they will do a book exactly the same.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

To be fair to Ben Collins it was the media who worked out he was the Stig due to the health and safety investigation into the Hampsters crash. Had he not been unmasked then perhaps he would still be there?

Perhaps he is still there? Who is the current Stig? Perhaps its still Ben Collins and the stuff the presenters said was just to throw everyone off the scent.

Finally saw the bits you guys are talking about. I really enjoyed the train thing, stoopid as it was. It's just entertainment.

Exos...when Jeremy expressed terror at the performance of the thing, it reminded very much of Hammond's terror at the power of the F1 car he drove. I'm sure that this terror will give a nice boost to Exos sales, both from those who want to be terrified by it and from those huge egos who say "bring it!"

Only seen one of May's toy shows, the one about Plasticine flowers, and enjoyed it very much. Deffo want to see the other ones. In TG he's a hoot too, especially when he gets pedantic or anal about stuff (loved the moment in the vintage supercar challenge when an hour later he was still changing the oil and told the other guys to bugger of as he's quite enjoying it).

Jeremy of course is Jeremy and manages to be amusing no matter how idiotic he gets. Hammond doesn't bother me; the other two would be a poor formula without him in the middle. His ability to take either side (and often regret it) in the Clarkson-hammer-vs-May-screwdriver approaches to things comes in handy.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

I have just seen it last week. I thought it was a hoot, but then I've always liked the show. They must cut our show here as I don't recall a Lambo segment.

I enjoyed James show afterward as well. I also used to enjoy the other one that Hampster did - Invisible Worlds.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.