free hit
counters
Where to sell if Ebay fails - Bike Banter - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Where to sell if Ebay fails

Guys,

My track riding days are over and I've decided to sell my leathers.

I've put them on Ebay a couple of times and not a sniff.

I don't think it's the asking price (£99 - cost me £960 :shock: )

So, where next?

I could go to my local track and hawk them around I suppose, but the thought of selling electronically from the comfort of my own armchair is far more appealling :coffee:

Any ideas anyone?

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From memory I think I got around £60 for my 2 piece leathers on eBay, although that was a year or 2 ago, I just started the auction @99p

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks Bibs.

Gotta be worth a shot, especially as its free :thumbup:

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Doesn't MCN Mart have a clothing section? Used to when I was a regular reader. That's gone online now so maybe the ads have too?

Are you keeping a 2 wheel toy for the road Graham? Mine's been sorn'd for 2 years now. A bit daft keeping it really if I'm not riding, but not yet prepared to no longer be a biker. Still hope to recommission it and get out again when /if we ever get the major projects finished at this house.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Mike,

Checked out MCN online and the only ads they appear to accept are those relating to bikes themselves.

I've not ridden on the road now for over 15 years so I think I'm now officially an ex-biker :scooter:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! Yes! I feel the healing spirit within me. I am one with the machine again. The skin of the calf has lifted my heart to new born redemption! I sing the praises of The Bikemeister to the heavens above, and I once more dwell in the swing-arms of the Softtail gods as I convert my rear tyre to gumball consistency. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

:rambo:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• 3 weeks later...

in 'continental' Europe you would use www.mobile.de or autoscout24.de for cars & bikes and anything related (like clothings & spare parts) ..

worth a try ?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I sent some unwanted junk to my local Action house, on average I got about 4 times more than I thought it was worth. :animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

For that kind of money why not keep them as a nice reminder of your younger days?

Kyle Kaulback

• 3 years later...

It was a slow burner then! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.