free hit
counters
Amy Winehouse - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

its just an expression that the view

Your view. it's just an expression of your view, not 'the view'.

The world of safe role models for your kids will never exist, it's sad, but they will have to work it out for themselves like everyone else, and in doing so choose the odd wrong role model like we all do. As you rightly point out, there will be a time when you are not there to tell them how the world is.

Have you never taken amphetamines and danced the night away hours after your body would have otherwise given up? Ever spent a wet November in wales camping with what have become lifelong friends, pissing yourself laughing on freshly picked magic mushrooms? Ever got lost in a warehouse rave ripped to the tits on acid and unable to find your friends, terrified!? Ever crashed out stoned on the festival grass and watched jimmy page on stage playing the intro to 'ramble on' to perfection?

It's easy to pass off the things you fear your kids may try as misguided and lazy, but's lets be real here, everyone of the people i shared the above with has good jobs, nice houses, cars, and great kids. I'm not chuffing away on a mansize bong as i type. My kitchen is not littered with burnt spoons and tin foil, and (unless they clean up when i go round) none of my friends share this supposed lazy misguided and baised assumption of a lifestyle. I can only speak for them and myself.

You cannot speak for them or myself. You cannot claim them to be misguided or baised, Thats how it goes.

:)

It's just bollocks... ...he was a second rate poet... ...pepetuate the myth... ...real life reigns you back in and then you grow up... ...come back on Monday as your a cash cow...

I'll have what he's smoking! Man.

:harhar:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can name an equal number of clean role models as poor. Its like the acting world that my son wants to be a part of, for every Lindsay Lohan theres a Jennifer Anniston, and for every Charlie Sheen theres a Tom Cruise.

That said, despite turning out well, my family has a history of addictions, especially alcohol. I myself don't drink during the week because, like my older brother, I can't "Just have one". If I have one I get drunk. Before I met Wendy I was on a downward spiral, having just split up with my Fiance of 3 years. I'd spent nearly 6 months at home only going out to buy more white lightning or....lets just say, other substances. Wendy got me back on the straight and narrow and now I Luckily I have the willpower to say no.

I suppose what I am saying is that you don't need to be creative or special to have an addictive self destructive nature. Theres a % of people out there from all walks of life with it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

LMFAO! Just re-read that first page again! What ever happened to that Skidz bloke? :cheers:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I can name an equal number of clean role models as poor. Its like the acting world that my son wants to be a part of, for every Lindsay Lohan theres a Jennifer Anniston, and for every Charlie Sheen theres a Tom Cruise.

Well Kimbers, not so sure about the Tom Cruise part!!! :w00t:

Tom Oprah.jpg

People that survive are those that take control of their lives. The rest is all bollocks.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

You do realise that despite her talent (amy) she was exactly as she portrayed herself ....a five bob cheap girl (unfortunately)

She didnt give a rats ass for anything and/or anyone ...carried on like a projects girl and abused and made her talent into an ugly mess.What an absolute waste.

Now people want to speculate on intervention and shame.She set the most demonic example for the youth and embarressed her family immensely .Dont give a rats ass for her,quite frankly.

Lady Gaga is the epitomy of a brilliant artist and sets the bar in her professionalism.Albeit contraversal at times ,she oozes extreme talent that is almost the mirror of Madonna.She is drug free and has an honest sense of values.

so sad i am that Amy wasted /squandered a God given talent in her cheap sensational way.She will be forgotten within a year and the record buying public will wallow in the success of the likes of Lady Gaga.

Not that i want to bring such a talent as LG into the same converse.

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

To right Richard.

I feel so sorry for Amy's dad. That guy has been dealing with the death of his daughter for a lot longer than a few days.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

What about when Britney spears flipped out ..her dad took control of her estate , micro manages her life and kept her a virtual prisoner to keep her Freakshow in check ...i think if Amy was my daughter i would have gone down that spears route long long ago and made her Druggy life so freaking hard for her ...untill i reached her and she helped herself ...or id have died trying .

Makes me really sad for Amy .

She was a talent and a great song writer , but a Drunken twat all the same .

And remember, somehow through all of this Keith Richards is still alive!!! :devil:

I've always maintained that he's been dead for decades, but is so "stoned" he hasn't realised it yet. :smoke:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Ain' no thing, brother. I was born 2 years before Keith, and I'm still here, too.

Sheeeet, Bob, I got you beat by a mile, and I'm still strummin' away as well.

You can pry my bong from my cold dead hands, ya'll.....

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Speaking of Bob, I got an old friend from my college days coming out from MA to stay a few days when I told him that Dylan was performing about 15 miles from my house this upcoming Tue. He's always been a hardcore Dylan fan, but I kid him often that I wish he sang more songs like "Lay Lady Lay" (which he never has sung the same since) These days the age is definitely in his voice and perhaps too much cigarette smokin', but still he's still a walkin'.

" I wish he sang more songs like "Lay Lady Lay" (which he never has sung the same since)"

Spot on with that observation. The last time I saw him (here in town), I was really looking forward to his performance of that specific song (which I've always thought was one of his best), and he totally "modified" it in an unfavorable way (to my mind at least.) Guess he thought he was being "edgy" by doing so, but for me it ruined a classic and plaintive melody. Still, the overall show was well worth watching. His accompanying guitarist stole the show with unbelievable talent. Hope it's the same guy for your upcoming performance if you go.

Willie, on the other hand, just gets better with age, like a fine wine. :thumbup:

John , Yes, I'm going with my friend even though I can take or leave Dylan in general. And yes, Lay Lady Lay is the best Dylan song for me and one of my favorites songs of all artists. He prepared me for the current Dylan sound by burning a few CDs of his latest stuff and dropping it in the mail and some of it's not too bad, albeit in a much more gravelly voice. This is more of a reuniting with an old friend I haven't seen in person for like 30 years, but have caught him on Skype a few times. We stay in touch on email. I've known him for better than 40 years and gotta give him credit for being a die hard fan all that time. Leon Russell is opening (for the most part I just think of the song "tight rope" (high wire) as a descriptor for him).

BTW: Listening to "Muffin Man" the other day I heard Frank Zappa ending his concert with Captain Beefheart in 1975 with the classic line "good night Austin Texas, wherever you are !!!"but I bet you weren't around there back then for that one :devil: Great guitarist!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xPsnLUaXyxE

Edited by comem47

Obviously Zappa and Beefheart were waaaayyyyyy ahead of their time. :lol: Thanks for that, Bob. Had no idea (or conscious recollection anyway) that "lyric" existed until your post, but I mos def remember The Mothers of Invention from my college days.

My first visit to Austin, as a high school student from Abilene, was actually quite a bit earlier, in 1965 (yes, I'm on a first name basis with most jurassic critters).

Poor Amy. We've managed to turn her "obit" into a "blast from the past" digital road trip. :B)

Poor Amy. We've managed to turn her "obit" into a "blast from the past" digital road trip. :B)

Yes, sorry about that, but on the subject of premature death vs hangers on: Frank only made it to age 52, but died not from drugs, but prostate cancer. Managed to make it to make it to 52 but somehow I thought older. Beefheart made it to the ripe ol' age of 69 (almost 70), but suffered badly with MS in his later years. They may have done drugs earlier in life but drugs wasn't the cause of their demise. (with age comes eventual wisdom if you make it that far?) :question:

Edited by comem47
  • 3 weeks later...

They found no drugs in the post mortem toxicology reports.

Really?

Did they use the wrong sample? I thought she used every drug going and that they stayed in your blood for a period of time! Did they drop her sample of blood and use someone else's by mistake?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Que?

Do I need to watch more CSI?

Evora NA

Surely if they did a post mortem toxicology test, they would have tested for everything and if the screen came back clean, it's clean isn't it?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

But she was a wreckhead, she didn't die of old age...

Surely?

Evora NA

No one dies of old age. Even those reaching 114yrs die of something.

Whilst no illegal drugs have been detected, alcohol is not of course illegal for us grown ups.

In sufficient amounts, it can be fatal.

By all accounts, Amy liked a glass of sherry of an evening so there might lie the answer.

As for illicit drugs, I believe they stay in the system for various lengths of time, but I've seen it suggested elsewhere that she'd turned her back on the naughty stuff many months ago.

Sadly though, she just couldn't give up the sherry

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Some one on the news pointed out that they have to test for each drug seperatly and this can take months, so the results that have been released have jumped the gun somewhat.....

I do feel sorry for her family, but she was a train wreck waiting to happen.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"