free hit
counters
11. Hungary GP - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor results for the Lotus teams today - 3 DNF and 12th for Petrov. TL getting ever closer to midfiled but desperately need better reliability. If they can't finish, especially wet races that mix things up, they could easily get pipped to 10th by Virgin or HRT. LRGP seem to have gone backwards - has the benefit of their forward exhaust & blown diffuser worn off now?

Poor results for the Lotus teams today - 3 DNF and 12th for Petrov. TL getting ever closer to midfiled but desperately need better reliability. If they can't finish, especially wet races that mix things up, they could easily get pipped to 10th by Virgin or HRT. LRGP seem to have gone backwards - has the benefit of their forward exhaust & blown diffuser worn off now?

Hi, yes I agree. Renault definitely falling backwards (lack of development/funding?) over the course of the season and TL now clearly much quicker although not necessarily as reliable as the other new teams. Anyone seriously expecting TL to score points this season is being optimistic at best however they are moving in the right direction and I do expect them to be strong midfield runners in the next couple of seasons.

Yet another fire, and an explosion this time. Is this a design Flaw perhaps? I let out a little chuckle when I saw Kov in front of Heidfeld before he went pop. Wonder what the team Management said? Something like "If you let him past CHandock gets your drive!" lol.

In terms of team Lotus I believe they are already looking to next years car. Trying to get a jump on the competition.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Interesting to speculate that if Renault don't come up with an answer to the grenade, blame maybe placed on the forward facing exhausts. That being the case would the FIA ban them on safety grounds, placing Renault yet further behind the 8 ball. They are currently 5th in the constructors, conceivably they could fall behind both Suaber and Force India in the 2nd half of the season on current form.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The forward facing exhausts were banned a few races ago...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93074

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

The forward-facing exhausts are banned for next year when other rule changes will make them of no benefit anyway. In fact, the recent limits on off-throttle blowing of the floor has reduced their effectiveness which is probably why they have lost some competitiveness of late but I believe they are working on it. Things can change quickly. After all, McLaren were hopeless at Silverstone and now are up their with Red Bull.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

He wasnt as cool as Kovie when he had to jump ship was he! lol How they didnt get the safety car out I will never know? The cars were a hossin out of the pit lane slidin all over the place and it looked like a couple of old fellas where draggin the car back up the pit lane!! What caused the fire and explosion then? Forward facing exhausts what the idea behind those then!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I heard that the explosion was the air bottle, which stores a reservoir of air for the valve springs, exploded in the heat of the fire.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE