free hit
counters
F1 split between BBC and SKY. - Page 2 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
L666

F1 split between BBC and SKY.

I've had sky multiroom with movies for a few years. I have just moved house and called to change address and then complained about my old non HD boxes and how I was considering and investigating the best HD options now i.e. sky or virgin.

In the end I was given a 500GB HD+ box for staying (but had to pay £15 postage for it).

I then took out an HD subscription and paid a one off £49 to get an additional 1TB HD+ box with free install (it was £149 with self install :huh:). They have also just changed the HD pricing so you only need 1 HD subscription now to get HD on all multiroom boxes - previously it was one HD subscription per box.

I was then offered and accepted all sky sports channels for an additional ~£3 a month now I had multiroom, movies, and HD.

So, depending on what you have already, sky sports may not be as expensive as you think. I definately wasnt wanting to pay £20 for it and had no intention of subscribing, but for £3 it was a no brainer. It could be worth giving them a call.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We are the audience, when you go to sell advertising/ sponsorship, "Viewing Audience" is key, if that drops so will sponsorship.

I don't have pay TV, I barely watch free to air, I'm certainly not about about to pay money to receive more rubbish. It sounds like we will continue to get free to air F1 here, but if not I'll be watching recorded "Highlights".

Interestingly, I have used Vodafone for about 15 years for my mobile, in the last 2 years their service has plummeted, to the point I'm looking elsewhere. So much for raising profile.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Sky have anounced F1 will have its own channel. The wordings a little ambiguous but it looks like if you have the HD pack you will get it without subscribing to sports.

"The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels"

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7332332/Sky-Sports-launches-F1-channel

Excellent, I don't have Sports but I do have HD.

And I only pay £25 for the full HD package, Movies, Kids, Docu's etc. Only thing I don't have is Sports. How? I called up to cancel...and I was willing to follow through as I just couldn't afford it at the time. Bonus!.....though that runs out in March....DOH! :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Sky have anounced F1 will have its own channel. The wordings a little ambiguous but it looks like if you have the HD pack you will get it without subscribing to sports.

That's how I read it too. But sounds unlikely that were'll get the F1 channel without upgrading to sports???

The Beeb have announced their schedule for next season too...

15 April: China

13 May: Spain

27 May: Monaco

24 June: Europe

8 July: Britain

2 September: Belgium

23 September: Singapore

14 October: Korea

4 November: Abu Dhabi

25 November: Brazil

Not too shabby although Singapore, Korea and Abu Dhabi are hardly worth setting the clock for. China's usually dull, Valencia is worthless which leaves... erm... a few good' uns! The rest of the races they'll be showing in a 90mins to 2hrs show on BBC1. Shame about Monza but I may just go that one next year.... it's money well spent and far better that putting yet more dosh into the Murdoch's pockets!

http://news.bbc.co.u...ne/15893254.stm

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

That's how I read it too.  But sounds unlikely that were'll get the F1 channel without upgrading to sports???

Well i stand corrected. It does appear to be game on if you have the HD pack with no sports!!

That is correct Billy.

You get Sky Sports F1 HD if you subscribe to the basic TV package, and have the HD pack.

If you subscribe to Sky sports (and not HD) you will receive the channel in SD only.

If you have the Sky Sports and HD packs, you will receive the channel in HD.

The cheapest way to get Sky Sports F1 is to get the HD pack for £10.25, you will still be able to use your non-HD TV to watch SSF1, as the Sky+HD box has a scart socket on the back, but you will not see the picture in HD obviously.

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Whatever happened to Antony Peacock?

Anyway, enjoy :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Signed up for HD, installer said loads are doing it. Sky do seem very good at covering sport, shame they hit all the 2012 cars with an ugly stick

There's going to be a 4 screen multiscreen app too by all accounts from Sky.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Doing his exams?

So let me get this straight, if you have HD you get it free right? Cause I don't have Sports but I have HD.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Correct, if you subscribe to HD already F1 coverage is added automatically for free. See here -

http://www.sky.com/s...ts/formula-one/

Relevant line is this. Note the "or" -

Added automatically to any Sky TV package with Sky Sports 1 & 2 or the HD Pack, at no extra cost

Edited by hedgerley

But are they really Caterham or has someone just written a cheque and is rewriting history? :lol:

Evora NA

Any body else have Virgin?

Well I have the complete Sky Sports package but via Virgin and HD. What has really annoyed me is that I will get the F1 channel but NOT in HD. Sky are not letting Virgin have it to broadcast in HD at this stage. I would did think about changing back to Sky (probably what they are hoping 1000's will do) but not prepared to put up with THE worst Service from any Company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with (used to be with Sky) No problem at all with the product or even the price - just a mega Sh1t administration and service. Good luck with anybody who does it but be warned.

Bit miffed really :(

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I left sky and have no personal interest in returning and with all the money I'm saving I can go to a grand prix or two for real :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I think Antony may have gone to 'Seek Life Elsewhere!' (apologies to GI Jane) due to not being able to convince a lot of people on here of something to do with the Lotus Renault team that no-one really cares about. :hrhr:

Either that or his mum called him in for dinner. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I'll be watching on the Beeb, don't fancy lining the Murdoch's pockets for something that's been free since coverage began. That aside I only ever watch qually live and I'm not always about, plus if I miss the race live I'll just catch the highlights. Seems a lot of hype for an F1 'Channel', that'll probably just loop the same old material round and round. :harhar:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Seems a lot of hype for an F1 'Channel', that'll probably just loop the same old material round and round. :harhar:

That's exactly what they are doing at the moment building up to the launch on 9 March. Its about a half hour so montage of last season, Williams interviews, Gasgoyne and others talking to camera, time lapse car build and so on. Lots of historical shots of Clark, Hill, Chapman et al plus an interview with Emmerson Fittipaldi which is quite revealing. All quite interesting but a bit repetitive after 2 or 3 viewings...

I am actually looking forward to it, especially the HD coverage on my big telly. Brundle jumped shipped and they've signed up Damon Hill, which is nice. Brundle always wanted the beeb to do a lot more in depth stuff but they couldn't afford it. It seems Sky have committed to do a lot more and Brundle seems very happy, but his new salary might have something to do with it....

I really enjoyed watching the races in HD last year for free on freeview BBC1 HD. There is no way I will be getting Sky again, especially as it's over twice the price now as when I left!

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

I've long regarded TV as GBH, I'm certainly not going to pay for it. If that means I can't watch GPs live, so be it.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I really enjoyed watching the races in HD last year for free on freeview BBC1 HD. There is no way I will be getting Sky again, especially as it's over twice the price now as when I left!

So what's the bottom line on the most basic package to include the F1channel?

I don't think there's a charge. I've not got Sports and can receive it unless it's part of entertainment, documentaries or movies which I doubt.

Evora NA

You have to have the Sports package or HD.

Sky recognised that many F1 fans wouldn't want the Sports pack, hence why including it with HD.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling