free hit
counters
'93 Esprit S4 Owner - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

'93 Esprit S4 Owner

Hi all,

I joined TLF a couple of months back to research info on Esprit buying, and after many, many hours spent reading posts, and also some excellent advice from fellow owners; I picked up my calypso red '93 S4 (magnolia interior) on Friday afternoon!

Since then it's done about 250 miles, and has had about 10 hours of intensive (obsessive) cleaning and waxing, and every moment has been just as amazing as I thought it would be.

The car is going in to North West Lotus for an engine rebuild and some other work soon, but once this is out of the way, I'll be looking to bring the car car out to a few meetings.

The forum is an excellent resource, that I think has helped me start this experience out on the right foot. Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Andy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up my calypso red '93 S4 (magnolia interior) on Friday afternoon!

Since then it's done about 250 miles, and has had about 10 hours of intensive (obsessive) cleaning and waxing,

Entirely appropriate, welcome Andy :D

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

:thumbsup:

Pics please :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Andy,

Is it the one from Dave Fox ?

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Thanks all!

@Backmarker - No, it's from Dave Ellis (drellis on here).

First couple of pics are below; not had chance to do many as yet but once I've finished cleaning it up, there'll be more to come!

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/gallery/album/137-esprit-first-pics/

Welcome to dreamworld Andy.

Wow one of the very early S4 cars with the aerial at the rear. How many miles has she covered ??

Hopefully will give you many years of trouble free motoring once she's back from open heart surgery.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Fab looking car.

Not sure that the car was ever produced with the aerial on the rear quarter?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Yeah I'm hoping so too. She performs brilliantly even with liner issues and the charge cooler pump inoperative. She's done 79k now, but doesn't feel even close to that.

• 2 weeks later...